Antenna Design Engineer Intern
Liverpool, NY /
Internships & Co-Ops – Engineering /
As an entrepreneurial U.S.-based company that’s competing on a global scale, JMA is growing at an incredible pace – and we’re just getting started. We’re a leading global innovator of mobile connectivity solutions. We design and build next-generation in-building and outdoor mobile wireless systems, delivering the industry’s most powerful technologies that enable LTE, 5G and CBRS services on mobile operator networks worldwide. Whether our teammates working on the manufacturing floor creating products or working side by side with our customers at an installation, we are never satisfied with the status quo. We never settle, every person in every position has the power to make an impact.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Research and development of new antenna structures with a mastery of industry trends and emerging wireless technologies
- Support projects in the research and design of antenna products meeting requested performance specifications, time scales and cost
- Maintain design and measurement records in accordance with company policies
- Employ upfront design principles using Ansys RF simulation tools to achieve ‘right first time’ design capability were possible
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s or PhD program with an emphasis on RF
- Strong capability in the use of antenna electromagnetic modeling tools, HFSS/Designer preferred
- Strong programming capability in C, VBA, Fortran, Python or Matlab preferred. Able to show past experience that demonstrates this capability relative to data processing in antenna design
- Can demonstrate experience in ramping antenna products into high-volume manufacturing
- Experience in the design of antenna array elements and arrays at cellular frequencies, both single band and multiband architectures
- Experience in the design of RF circuits (corporate feeds, filters, phase shifters) in different medium
- Strong understand of Passive Intermodulation (PIM) design principles for antenna products, experienced in dealing with PIM in a production environment
- Knowledge of spherical antenna near field pattern testing, use of Satimo or NSI measurement systems seen as an asset
- Be self-motivated to achieve requested goals
- Experience working in a fast pace environment
- Have excellent interpersonal skills to maintain effective working relationships as part of or leading a technical team
JMA offers a total rewards package designed to support your life, both in and outside of work. When you join our team, you have immediate access to numerous benefits and perks that fit your specific needs. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered! We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you. Investing in our employees is our #1 priority. Are you in?
At JMA Wireless, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate, support, and thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. JMA Wireless is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.