RAN Application Engineer
Austin, Texas /
Engineering & Technology – Private LTE /
As an entrepreneurial U.S.-based company that’s competing on a global scale, JMA is growing at an incredible pace – and we’re just getting started. We’re a leading global innovator of mobile connectivity solutions. We design and build next-generation in-building and outdoor mobile wireless systems, delivering the industry’s most powerful technologies that enable LTE, 5G and CBRS services on mobile operator networks worldwide. Whether our teammates working on the manufacturing floor creating products or working side by side with our customers at an installation, we are never satisfied with the status quo. We never settle, every person in every position has the power to make an impact.
- Solve customer problems by recommending products and design suggestions
- Review customer designs for feasibility and accuracy in material
- Onsite and phone technical support
- Develop detailed bills of material for applications
- Act as the JMA project point person and actively manage our relationship with the customers while providing limited oversight of subcontractors
- Support RFP responses
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives
- 5+ years of application experience with wireless baseband deployments
- Working knowledge of 4G and 5G radio access network operation and performance optimization is a plus
- Experience in designing and deploying IP networks, CCNA Routing and Switching certified is a plus
- Strong working knowledge of Linux OS administration, RHCE is a plus
- CBRS (CPI) Certified Professional Installer is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a demanding, results-driven environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Networks Engineering or related discipline
- Experience with iBwave In-Building Design Software is a plus
- Knowledge of National Electrical Codes (NEC), Motorola R56 standards, and telecommunication installation best practices are a plus
- Work from home office when not on project sites
- Up to 50% travel
- Ability to climb stairs, step ladders and vertical ladders, access elevated catwalks, and work on flat roofs for quality checks.
JMA offers a total rewards package designed to support your life, both in and outside of work. When you join our team, you have immediate access to numerous benefits and perks that fit your specific needs. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered! We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you. Investing in our employees is our #1 priority. Are you in?
At JMA Wireless, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate, support, and thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. JMA Wireless is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.