Liverpool, NY /
Production & Manufacturing – Quality /
As an entrepreneurial U.S.-based company that’s competing on a global scale, JMA is growing at an incredible pace – and we’re just getting started. We’re a leading global innovator of mobile connectivity solutions. We design and build next-generation in-building and outdoor mobile wireless systems, delivering the industry’s most powerful technologies that enable LTE, 5G and CBRS services on mobile operator networks worldwide. Whether our teammates working on the manufacturing floor creating products or working side by side with our customers at an installation, we are never satisfied with the status quo. We never settle, every person in every position has the power to make an impact.
Tasks and Activities:
- Ensure that the organization’s Quality Management System conforms to customer, internal, ISO 9001, and regulatory/legal requirements
- Ensure evaluation of, and reporting on, vendor quality systems
- Oversee inspection (examination) of incoming materials, ensuring that they meet requirements
- Manage the monitoring, measurement, and review of internal processes, especially those that affect the quality of the organization’s products
- Lead a team of Quality engineers, inspectors, auditors, analysts, and technicians
- Work with customers, employees, contractors, and outsourcing firms to develop product requirements
- Report to top management on the performance of the QMS (e.g., results of quality audits, corrective actions), including the need for improvement
- Conduct periodic management review meetings
- Oversee product recalls
- Responsible for accuracy and timely inspection/calibration of monitoring and measuring devices
- Keep up on standards, regulations/laws, issues, and news with respect to product (service) quality
Metrics for the Position:
- Scrap percentage < 1% COGs
- ISO implementation, enforcement, and certification
- Qualifying/Evaluating new suppliers
- Customer satisfaction metrics and improvement
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in Quality
- Bachelor’s degree required but consideration may be given for extensive experience or ASQ certifications
- Quality managers must have proven ability to lead a diverse team of technicians.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with people at all levels are essential.
- Must have strong organizational, analytical, problem solving, and management skills. Experience with MS-Office (especially Excel, Word) is needed. Project management experience is a plus.
- Strong technical skills: manufacturing, component development, supplier processes and statistical skills
- Can work under pressure with ability to meet required established deadlines
- Understand Quality Management Systems and ISO procedures
- Strong organizational and project management leadership abilities; can coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing, 5S, Kaizen
- Computer- Microsoft Office and Access, email, work order system, SAP
- Minitab and Statistical software
- 50% Normal office environment. 50% development lab and manufacturing floor
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds
JMA offers a total rewards package designed to support your life, both in and outside of work. When you join our team, you have immediate access to numerous benefits and perks that fit your specific needs. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered! We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you. Investing in our employees is our #1 priority. Are you in?
At JMA Wireless, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate, support, and thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. JMA Wireless is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.