Systems Integration - Interoperability Engineer
Chicago, IL /
Engineering & Technology – Deployment & Integration /
Wireless technology now impacts nearly every aspect of daily life around the world. As the fastest-growing global tech company, JMA designs and delivers cutting-edge wireless technology solutions that modernize how people learn, work, live and play, like never imagined. We power today’s leading industries through next generation software-based 5G, private wireless networks, 5G-ready antennas and connectors, and advanced indoor 5G capabilities — all manufactured in the U.S. Our headquarters, along with the first-of-its-kind 5G campus are located in Syracuse, NY, with innovative tech hubs around the world. Join our team to shape the future of wireless technology and elevate how people experience the world!
JMA is looking for a Systems Interoperability Integration Engineer to join our team in Chicago, IL and to help build, deploy 4G/5G Systems, and leverage your Linux, virtualization, routing, and switching experience to connect and integrate into the customer network.
From lab proof of concepts to onsite customer fielded operating radio networks, you will be a part of the successful roll out and commissioning of flag ship JMA product in industry applications. You’ll be solving complex system design problems while balancing design constraints of the end installations. Work onsite with the customer both pre and post design to bring the end installations to life. Apply RF system practices to the end application and balance the radio system parameters onsite for ultimate performance. Demonstrate user device connectivity and show gigabyte speeds to the customer all while exceeding customer expectations with network performance. Do all of this and more as you continue to develop your knowledge in new and emerging wireless standards while learning what it takes to make a system deployment successful with JMA products. Be part of the success, be part of JMA!
- This Engineer will support the systems engineering team in Chicago, IL.
- The role will be mostly office based, integrating with third party products and applications.
- Work with integration engineers and implementing JMA products and solutions.
- Conduct proof of concept (POC).
- Staging, building, integrating, and deploying Linux Servers.
- Assist with customer trial systems and software & systems QA.
- Document third party integration steps following commissioning of systems.
- End to end testing of systems as part of the deployment process.
- 5-7 years relevant working experience with:
- Hands on experience building Linux servers, and in depth command line knowledge and experience with any Linux Operating System
- Experience with RF engineering and/or wireless networks, and Proficiency with 4G LTE and 5G architecture.
- Advanced and tested knowledge of IP networking including routing and switching.
- Solid understanding of security and IPSec tunnel set up.
- Advanced knowledge of office suite applications such as Microsoft Visio, Word, Excel, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or other applicable field
- Understanding of Evolved packet Core (EPC) and core network architecture.
- Knowledge of virtualized environments such as KVM, Openstack, VMWare, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Fare understanding of cloud architecture. AWS Associate Solution Architect certification or equivalent is a plus.
- Strong troubleshoot skills and abilities.
- Advanced knowledge of Linux operating system specifically relating to IP networking, scripting, and system configuration.
- Understanding of end to end call flow is a huge plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
JMA offers a total rewards package designed to support your life, both in and outside of work. When you join our team, you have immediate access to numerous benefits and perks that fit your specific needs. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered! We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you. Investing in our employees is our #1 priority. Are you in?
At JMA Wireless, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate, support, and thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. JMA Wireless is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.