NOC Specialist, Tier II
Liverpool, NY /
Engineering & Technology – Private LTE /
The Tier 2 NOC engineer will assist in any Tier 1 and Tier 2 customer installation issues as well as helping to maintain customer sites. This position will have direct interaction with customers and could have domestic travel to assist the installation team or for onsite repairs, up to 50%.
- Assist in troubleshooting Network installations issues
- Build, configure and maintain Linux servers
- Assist installation team with onsite travel as needed for installations and troubleshooting
- Maintain written knowledge base of problems and solutions
- Ability to work on multiple priorities and/or projects simultaneously.
- Excellent listening and communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong customer relationship skills.
- Organized, detail oriented and self-motivated.
- Ability to provide and maintain detailed documentation on each ticket.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to effectively communicate through e-mail.
- Ability to remain in contact with the client throughout the completion of tickets.
- Train Tier 1 NOC technicians when needed
- Strong analytical troubleshooting skills
- Strong knowledge in routers, layer 2/3 switches, and other networking devices.
- Working knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Advanced knowledge of office suite applications such as Microsoft Visio, Word, Excel, etc.
- Experience with networking protocols, command line interface and configuration
- Flexible schedule
- Proficiency with CentOS 7/8
- Proficiency with Firewalls and VPN’s
- Experience in managing networks
JMA offers a total rewards package designed to support your life, both in and outside of work. When you join our team, you have immediate access to numerous benefits and perks that fit your specific needs. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered! We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you. Investing in our employees is our #1 priority. Are you in?
At JMA Wireless, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate, support, and thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. JMA Wireless is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.