Linux Systems Security Engineer
Boulder, CO / Chicago, IL /
Engineering & Technology – Private LTE /
Wireless technology now impacts nearly every aspect of daily life around the world. As the fastest-growing global tech company, JMA designs and delivers cutting-edge wireless technology solutions that modernize how people learn, work, live and play, like never imagined. We power today’s leading industries through next generation software-based 5G, private wireless networks, 5G-ready antennas and connectors, and advanced indoor 5G capabilities — all manufactured in the U.S. Our headquarters, along with the first-of-its-kind 5G campus are located in Syracuse, NY, with innovative tech hubs around the world. Join our team to shape the future of wireless technology and elevate how people experience the world!
JMA is looking for a Linux Systems Security Engineer to join our growing team. Position can be located in either Boulder, CO or Chicago, IL.
Candidate must be willing and able to work onsite. Partial hybrid option might be a possibility for the right person, but must be within a commutable distance to the office.
We need Security Engineer with a focus in Linux administration to provide Subject Matter Expert level guidance to Product/Engineering/Application teams in support of JMA’s product line and its integration into customer environments.
- Develop a complete understanding of JMA product sets and how they integrate into customer networks
- Work with team to develop secure design and implementation frameworks for the installation of JMA product sets into customer facilities
- Perform or supervise vulnerability testing, risk analyses and security assessments on product lines during QA phase
- Identify security design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend changes or enhancements
- Test security systems to ensure they behave as expected
- Provide policy and guidance on security to application development teams
- Identify and communicate current and emerging security threats and how they may affect JMA products
- Facilitate thorough remedial solutions and analysis to security-related incidents
- Act as security liaison between product lines and corporate IT
- Utilize emerging technologies to design and implement security solutions; monitoring and improving those solutions while working with both information security, network, and application development teams
- Lead the development of security best practices; implementation of security measures to meet business goals, customer needs and regulatory requirements
- Identity and access management; tracking and creating/enforcing policies that govern access sensitive technology resources and information assets.
Required Technical Skills and knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technologies, or other applicable field
- Awareness of security constructs that are used in a Linux environment such as Firewall and SELinux
- Awareness of CIS Benchmarks such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Apache Tomcat
- Awareness of NIST STIGs such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Application Security and Development
- Knowledge of CVE/CVSS impact analysis, mitigation and remediation
- PKI systems including certificate authority (CA) services, deployment models, validations services such as on-line certificate status protocol (OCSP) and certificate revocation lists (CRL)
- Experience in Shell and/or Python scripting a plus
- Awareness of network security protocols such as TLS, IPSec, and VPNs
- Thorough understanding of relevant industry security standards and protocols including ISO27001, CMMC and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST); Control Objectives for Information and Related Technologies
- Risk assessment procedures, policy formation, role-based authorization methodologies, authentication technologies and security attack pathologies
- Outstanding communication skills; strong critical thinking and analytical skills. Can communicate with customers and C-level executives
- Ability to function as a Security subject matter expert who can explain complex topics to those without a technical background
- Strong leadership, project and team-building skills, including the ability to lead teams and influence initiatives in multiple departments
- Demonstrated ability to identify risks associated with business processes, operations, technology projects and information security programs
Certifications - Preferred, but not necessary
- Prefer candidate to hold a security related certification such as CISSP, SSCP, GSEC or CASP+
- Target Salary $110,000 to $140,000 annually, depending on experience, depth of knowledge, and applicability to the role. Could be flexible for the right candidate. Let's discuss!
JMA offers a total rewards package designed to support your life, both in and outside of work. When you join our team, you have immediate access to numerous benefits and perks that fit your specific needs. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered! We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you. Investing in our employees is our #1 priority. Are you in?
At JMA Wireless, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate, support, and thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. JMA Wireless is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.