Liverpool, NY /
Engineering & Technology – Private LTE /
As an entrepreneurial U.S.-based company that’s competing on a global scale, JMA is growing at an incredible pace – and we’re just getting started. We’re a leading global innovator of mobile connectivity solutions. We design and build next-generation in-building and outdoor mobile wireless systems, delivering the industry’s most powerful technologies that enable LTE, 5G and CBRS services on mobile operator networks worldwide. Whether our teammates working on the manufacturing floor creating products or working side by side with our customers at an installation, we are never satisfied with the status quo. We never settle, every person in every position has the power to make an impact.
The Support Engineer 1 role is responsible for identification, troubleshooting, and resolution of various issues in commercially in-service wireless telecom networks (including macro, venue, and in-building systems). This role is the first level of support for all issues that arise in the commercial “in-service” telecom network – both HW and SW. The engineer should be adept at troubleshooting – with the ability to log into various nodes simultaneously, navigate through alarms and logs, query site configuration data, and once the issue is identified, have a strong understanding of the actions required to correct and recover the network. Must be a team player, rallying various experts internally (as needed) to resolve commercial issues quickly, and provide the appropriate logs and data to internal Design organizations to enable appropriate SW/HW fixes. Has an innate ability to put themselves in the customer’s shoes, understand the needs of the customer, and drive/deliver the appropriate resolutions.
- Tier 1 level support, troubleshooting, and resolution of various telco network issues, both RAN and EPC
- Ticket management with proper documentation of issues as well as engaging Tier 2 and Design support when required
- Assist NOC when needed to provide technical knowledge for resolution
- On call rotations for emergency call outs
- Direct interaction with customers and could have periodic domestic travel to assist for onsite repairs
Education and Minimum Requirements:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent degree
- 5 + years technical experience in the telecom industry, preferably in previous technical support roles
- Strong analytical troubleshooting skills
- Technical understanding of Telecom networks and end to end system performance requirements
- Solid understanding of RF Design
- Solid understanding of Network KPIs (Accessibility, Retainability, Throughput)
- Basic understanding of EPC (both 4G and 5G)
- Proficiency with CentOS 7/8
- Knowledge of Linux operating systems CLI, and basic scripting ability
- Knowledge of routers, layer 2/3 switches, and other networking devices.
- Familiarity with Firewalls and VPN’s
- Ability to work on multiple priorities and/or projects simultaneously
- Excellent listening and communications skills, both verbal and written
- Strong customer relationship skills
JMA offers a total rewards package designed to support your life, both in and outside of work. When you join our team, you have immediate access to numerous benefits and perks that fit your specific needs. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered! We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you. Investing in our employees is our #1 priority. Are you in?
At JMA Wireless, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate, support, and thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. JMA Wireless is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.