Liverpool, NY /
Engineering & Technology – Model Shop /
As an entrepreneurial U.S.-based company that’s competing on a global scale, JMA is growing at an incredible pace – and we’re just getting started. We’re a leading global innovator of mobile connectivity solutions. We design and build next-generation in-building and outdoor mobile wireless systems, delivering the industry’s most powerful technologies that enable LTE, 5G and CBRS services on mobile operator networks worldwide. Whether our teammates working on the manufacturing floor creating products or working side by side with our customers at an installation, we are never satisfied with the status quo. We never settle, every person in every position has the power to make an impact.
Tasks and Activities:
- Ability to setup, program and operate a variety of machine tools to produce precision parts.
- May also fabricate and modify parts to make or repair machine tools or maintain production machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, and machining procedures.
- Follow Q&EMS Policies, Procedures and Instructions
- Assist JMA in minimizing its impact on the environment and preventing pollution through recycling efforts defined in the waste management programs and ensuring chemicals are managed in a manner that prevents spills.
Metrics for the Position:
- Quality of output
- Efficiency and responsiveness to deadlines
- Responsiveness to immediate needs (overtime, new ideas, etc.)
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English
- Basic computer skills. Word, Excel, Outlook
- Must be able to read blueprints and use measuring equipment (Micrometer, Depth Micrometer, Dial Indicator, Machinist Scale, Optical Comparator etc).
- Machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, or grinders
- Interpreted drawings in order to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to fabricate products, and determine product dimensions and tolerances
- Must be able to perform simple addition and subtraction trigonometry, utilize hand tools and have basic mechanical abilities
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision.
- CAD: SolidWorks and Enterprise EPDM
- Mastercam CAD/CAM Preferred.
- Experience programing, setup and operation of CNC mills or Mori-Seiki Lathes
- SAP experience a plus
- Must be on their feet all day and perform lifting operations up to 50 lbs.
JMA offers a total rewards package designed to support your life, both in and outside of work. When you join our team, you have immediate access to numerous benefits and perks that fit your specific needs. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered! We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you. Investing in our employees is our #1 priority. Are you in?
At JMA Wireless, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate, support, and thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. JMA Wireless is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.