Senior Antenna Design Engineer
Allen, TX - Liverpool, NY /
Engineering & Technology – Antenna Engineering /
As an entrepreneurial U.S.-based company that’s competing on a global scale, JMA is growing at an incredible pace – and we’re just getting started. We’re a leading global innovator of mobile connectivity solutions. We design and build next-generation in-building and outdoor mobile wireless systems, delivering the industry’s most powerful technologies that enable LTE, 5G and CBRS services on mobile operator networks worldwide. Whether our teammates working on the manufacturing floor creating products or working side by side with our customers at an installation, we are never satisfied with the status quo. We never settle, every person in every position has the power to make an impact.
- Responsible for technically leading a range of Antenna products from Macro base station antenna, small cells and DAS antennas from concept stage to high volume production. Typically, products range covering a frequency band of 500MHz to 7GHz
- Use antenna design tools to create novel Ultra broad band PCB, sheet metal, cast antenna elements and antenna arrays.
- Build simulated structures and evaluate by measurement to validate simulated structures.
- Work with Mechanical engineering and PCB layout personnel in laying out array architectures that can be manufactured with ease
- Manage project timeline, product performance and cost.
- Work together with manufacturing engineering to transfer products from development to manufacturing.
- Measure prototype performance, analyze and possess strong debug skills.
- Perform root cause analysis of antenna systems and performance issues.
- Lead vendor qualifications by creating test procedures to identify key risk in parts.
- Mentor and aid junior RF design engineers and lab technicians.
- Follow Q&EMS Policies, Procedures and Instructions
- Assist JMA in minimizing its impact on the environment and preventing pollution through recycling efforts defined in the waste management programs and ensuring chemicals are managed in a manner that prevents spills
- Minimum of Masters/PhD in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology with an emphasis in antennas, microwave and Electromagnetics.
- 7-12 years of antenna design experience with solid understanding of antenna fundamentals.
- Proficiency with ANSYS HFSS, CST or other antenna modelling software is a must.
- Ability to create novel ultra-broadband low cost antenna architectures and debug antenna systems.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision to conclusion of assigned tasks.
- Experience in antenna lab equipment from using VNA, Spectrum analyzer, PIM analyzer and should show experience in measuring antenna patterns.
- Strong knowledge in impedance matching and matching circuit designs.
- Show strong experience in understanding high volume manufacturing of antenna products.
- Proven track record in working in real world antenna engineering constraints.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work and perform under pressure in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Be creative and possess superior organizational, interpersonal and oral/written communication skills.
- Relocation assistance will be provided.
JMA offers a total rewards package designed to support your life, both in and outside of work. When you join our team, you have immediate access to numerous benefits and perks that fit your specific needs. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered! We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you. Investing in our employees is our #1 priority. Are you in?
At JMA Wireless, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate, support, and thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. JMA Wireless is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.