Part-time Internship, Mechanical Design Engineering
Liverpool, NY /
Internships & Co-Ops – Fall 2022 /
Wireless technology now impacts nearly every aspect of daily life around the world. As the fastest-growing global tech company, JMA designs and delivers cutting-edge wireless technology solutions that modernize how people learn, work, live and play, like never imagined. We power today’s leading industries through next generation software-based 5G, private wireless networks, 5G-ready antennas and connectors, and advanced indoor 5G capabilities — all manufactured in the U.S. Our headquarters, along with the first-of-its-kind 5G campus are located in Syracuse, NY, with innovative tech hubs around the world. Join our team to shape the future of wireless technology and elevate how people experience the world!
We are seeking committed, innovative students for an exciting opportunity to join our team this Fall!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Product design and development using SolidWorks 3D CAD software
- Design of plastic and sheet metals parts
- Part level structural analysis using ANSYS software
- Drawing creation with use of SolidWorks
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s program in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks 3D modeling and drawings
- Capable of utilizing analysis simulation software, ANSYS
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products, excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of mechanical fabrication processes such as sheet metal, injection molding, metal and plastic extrusion, die casting, CNC machining, PCB fabrication, 3D printing
- Knowledge of mechanical assembly processes such as soldering, torqueing, electronic assembly
- Creativity and excellent organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills
Additional Experience and Knowledge a Plus:
- Knowledge of environmental testing techniques such as sine and random vibration, thermal cycling and humidity, wind tunnel testing
JMA offers a total rewards package designed to support your life, both in and outside of work. When you join our team, you have immediate access to numerous benefits and perks that fit your specific needs. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered! We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you. Investing in our employees is our #1 priority. Are you in?
At JMA Wireless, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate, support, and thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. JMA Wireless is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.