Senior Antenna Design Engineer
Engineering & Technology – Antenna Engineering /
JMA is restoring U.S. leadership in wireless technology at a critical time in the transition to 5G. It makes the world’s most advanced software-based 5G platform, designed, coded, and manufactured in Syracuse, NY at the only U.S.-owned 5G factory in the country.
Across its global tech centers, JMA makes 5G possible for organizations with the most critical connectivity demands in the world. JMA’s technology is ushering in a new era of connectivity for leading mobile carriers, the most iconic stadiums, major universities, leading healthcare centers, the busiest transit centers, and the U.S. Military.
5G is more than another G on your phone — it is a generational opportunity to change the way the world operates. Join the industry’s fastest growing technology company to shape that future today.
JMA has an opportunity for a Senior Antenna Design Engineer to be located out of our Liverpool, NY office.
Sr. Antenna Design Engineer Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for technically leading a range of Antenna products from Macro base station antenna, small cells, DAS and inbuilding antennas from concept stage to high volume production. Typically, products range covering a frequency band of 500MHz to 12GHz
- Use antenna design tools to create novel Ultra broad band PCB, sheet metal, cast antenna elements and antenna array.
- Ability to innovate novel antenna architectures that allow densification of antenna arrays to be accommodated in a smaller form factor.
- Strong fundamentals in solving resonances, cloaking and decoupling in multiband antenna arrays.
- Work with Mechanical engineering and drafting team in designing complex PCB layouts in multiband array architectures with good understanding into the nuances of automation.
- Manage project timeline, product performance and cost.
- Work together with manufacturing engineering to transfer products from development to manufacturing.
- Measure prototype performance, analyze and possess strong debug skills.
- Perform root cause analysis of antenna systems and performance issues.
- Lead vendor qualifications of critical components in the antenna (PCB material, plastic material, etc) by creating test procedures to identify key risk in parts.
- Mentor and aid junior RF design engineers and lab technicians.
- Follow Q&EMS Policies, Procedures and Instructions
- Assist JMA in minimizing its impact on the environment and preventing pollution through recycling efforts defined in the waste management programs and ensuring chemicals are managed in a manner that prevents spills.
- Minimum of Masters (PhD is preferred) in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology with a core specialization in antennas, microwave and Electromagnetics.
- 7-12 years of antenna design experience with solid understanding of antenna fundamentals. Proven record of inventing several novel antenna elements by several grant and filed patents.
- High proficiency in modelling complex multiband arrays using ANSYS HFSS, CST or other antenna modelling software is a must. Ability to streamline results and data using post processing scripts is a plus.
- Ability to create novel ultra-broadband low-cost antenna architectures and debug antenna systems.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision to conclusion of assigned tasks.
- Experience in antenna lab equipment from using VNA, Spectrum analyzer, PIM analyzer and should show experience in measure and optimize antenna patterns using a NF/FF/compact chamber.
- Strong knowledge in impedance matching and matching circuit designs.
- Show strong experience in understanding high volume manufacturing of antenna products.
- Proven track record in working in real world antenna engineering constraints.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work and perform under pressure in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Be creative and possess superior organizational, interpersonal and oral/written communication skills.
$90,000 - $110,000 a year
At JMA, our people are deeply committed to their work and we provide benefits to match. When you join JMA you have immediate access to everything you need. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered. We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you.
At JMA, we don’t just accept differences — we embrace them. JMA is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.