Software Engineer - C++, C - Systems
Richmond, VA /
Engineering & Technology – Software /
Wireless technology now impacts nearly every aspect of daily life around the world. As the fastest-growing global tech company, JMA designs and delivers cutting-edge wireless technology solutions that modernize how people learn, work, live and play, like never imagined. We power today’s leading industries through next generation software-based 5G, private wireless networks, 5G-ready antennas and connectors, and advanced indoor 5G capabilities — all manufactured in the U.S. Our headquarters, along with the first-of-its-kind 5G campus are located in Syracuse, NY, with innovative tech hubs around the world. Join our team to shape the future of wireless technology and elevate how people experience the world!
The Systems, Software Engineer – C++, C at JMA will work with C/C++, python, go, bash script and other languages on Linux based system including RHEL, Rocky and CentOS. A willingness to learn Linux system administration along with network configuration will be necessary to accel at this position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- C/C++ programming
- BASH, python, go programming
- Virtual Machines (KVM, Virtual Box, others)
- Containers (docker, Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of internet technologies (HTML, HTTP, HTTPS) required – 3+ years
- Knowledge of SQL and RDBMS such as Postgres or SQLite required – 3+ years
- Familiarity with source control packages like git
- Familiarity with development support tools like bitbucket, JIRA and Confluence
- Familiarity with secure programming principles
- Minimum Education requirements of a bachelor’s in computer engineering or computer science.
- Experience with C/C++
- Experience with Python, bash, go and other scripting languages
- Experience with IP Networking (SCTP/TCP/UDP)
- Experience with Linux based operating systems.
- Excellent communication skills
Additional Experience and Knowledge a Plus:
- Experience with Virtualization platforms like KVM or docker a plus
- Knowledge of system administration a plus
- Knowledge of NGINX including usage as a reverse proxy
- Knowledge of Jenkins as an automated build environment
JMA offers a total rewards package designed to support your life, both in and outside of work. When you join our team, you have immediate access to numerous benefits and perks that fit your specific needs. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered! We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you. Investing in our employees is our #1 priority. Are you in?
At JMA Wireless, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate, support, and thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. JMA Wireless is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.