Technical Quality Manager - Liverpool, NY
Production & Manufacturing – Quality /
JMA is restoring U.S. leadership in wireless technology at a critical time in the transition to 5G. It makes the world’s most advanced software-based 5G platform, designed, coded, and manufactured in Syracuse, NY at the only U.S.-owned 5G factory in the country.
Across its global tech centers, JMA makes 5G possible for organizations with the most critical connectivity demands in the world. JMA’s technology is ushering in a new era of connectivity for leading mobile carriers, the most iconic stadiums, major universities, leading healthcare centers, the busiest transit centers, and the U.S. Military.
5G is more than another G on your phone — it is a generational opportunity to change the way the world operates. Join the industry’s fastest growing technology company to shape that future today.
The Technical Quality Manager is responsible for ensuring that JMA’s products and services meet established quality standards and customer expectations. The role involves various tasks related to quality control, quality assurance, and continuous improvement.
- Establish and maintain quality control processes.
- Conduct regular inspections and tests on products or services to identify defects or deviations from quality standards.
- Collaborate with production to address quality issues and implement corrective actions.
- Develop and implement quality assurance policies, procedures, and standards that align with industry regulations and best practices.
- Ensure that all employees are trained in quality procedures and understand their roles in maintaining quality.
- Conduct audits to assess compliance with quality standards and identify areas for improvement.
- Maintain detailed records of quality control tests, inspections, and audits.
- Prepare and present quality reports to senior management, highlighting trends, issues, and improvement opportunities.
- Identify opportunities for process optimization and quality enhancement.
- Use data and metrics to track the effectiveness of improvement efforts.
- Identify potential quality risks and develop strategies to mitigate them.
- Gather customer feedback and analyze it to identify areas for improvement.
- Lead and manage a team of quality assurance professionals.
- Provide guidance, coaching, and training to team members to enhance their skills and effectiveness.
- Foster open communication channels across departments regarding quality-related matters.
- Collaborate with different teams to address quality issues and implement solutions.
- Implement standardized quality control and quality assurance processes across the organization.
- Ensure consistent application of quality practices across different teams and projects.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 4 year technical or engineering degree (i.e. electrical, mechanical, statistics), Masters degree preferred
- Technical knowledge of RF Technology, including: knowledge of RF circuits, antennas, wave propagation, modulation techniques, and testing methodologies.
- Experience with Quality Management Systems (QMS): Proficiency in implementing and maintaining quality the ISO 9001 management system.
- Regulatory Compliance, familiarity with relevant industry standards and regulations, such as those set by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and other international regulatory bodies.
- Quality Assurance and Control, ability to design and implement quality control processes that cover design, manufacturing, and testing phases of RF products. This includes statistical process control, Six Sigma methodologies, and failure analysis techniques.
- Proficiency in using testing equipment like spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, signal generators, and oscilloscopes to validate RF product performance and troubleshoot issues.
- Experience in identifying and addressing the root causes of quality issues to prevent recurrence (5 Whys, Fishbone diagrams, and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA))
- Strong analytical skills to analyze complex technical issues and develop effective solutions. This includes troubleshooting RF-related problems and optimizing product performance.
- Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional teams involved in product design, manufacturing, testing, and quality control. Effective communication and collaboration.
- Must embrace a culture of continuous improvement to identify opportunities for enhancing processes, reducing defects, and increasing efficiency.
- Proficient in creating and maintaining accurate records, reports, and documentation related to quality activities.
- Identifying potential risks to product quality and developing strategies to mitigate them.
- Effective communication, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience managing quality-related projects, timelines, and resources effectively.
$100,000 - $120,000 a year
The U.S. national annual base salary range for this role is $100-120K a year. The range includes the base salary that is expected to be paid for this role. Actual base salary will be based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to the scope and complexity of the role, the successful candidate’s relevant experience, skills, and knowledge, peer and market data and geographic location.
At JMA, our people are deeply committed to their work and we provide benefits to match. When you join JMA you have immediate access to everything you need. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered. We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you.
At JMA, we don’t just accept differences — we embrace them. JMA is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.