Supplier Quality Engineer
Liverpool, NY /
Production & Manufacturing – Quality /
As an entrepreneurial U.S.-based company that’s competing on a global scale, JMA is growing at an incredible pace – and we’re just getting started. We’re a leading global innovator of mobile connectivity solutions. We design and build next-generation in-building and outdoor mobile wireless systems, delivering the industry’s most powerful technologies that enable LTE, 5G and CBRS services on mobile operator networks worldwide. Whether our teammates working on the manufacturing floor creating products or working side by side with our customers at an installation, we are never satisfied with the status quo. We never settle, every person in every position has the power to make an impact.
- Investigate supplied product quality issues and works directly with suppliers to ensure appropriate containment steps and corrective actions are taken in a timely manner
- Collect supplier quality/delivery data, creates supplier scorecards, and submits performance reports for review/consolidation at the executive level
- Work closely with the plant Supplier Quality Manager and Materials Manager to identify, monitor and prioritize supplier improvement needs
- Responsible for communicating quality issues to various stakeholders throughout the organization as well as serving as a central point of contact for addressing supplier quality/delivery issues at the commodity level
- Identify and resolve specifications alignment issues between manufacturing (process) requirements and supplied product
- Testing, Validation and Return Analysis of OEM Products
- Conduct supplier audits, evaluation, and qualifying new vendors, both domestic and internationally
- Process improvements, data review, and capability studies for suppliers (PPAP)
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, ASQ CQE, or equivalent experience
- Printed Circuit Board (PCB) experience a must
- Must have excellent analytical skills.
- Must have exceptional decision-making skills.
- Must have exceptional and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to work in a very high-paced manufacturing environment, and work to meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Must have good written and oral communication skills.
JMA offers a total rewards package designed to support your life, both in and outside of work. When you join our team, you have immediate access to numerous benefits and perks that fit your specific needs. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered! We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you. Investing in our employees is our #1 priority. Are you in?
At JMA Wireless, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate, support, and thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. JMA Wireless is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.