L1/L2 LTE BBU Junior Software Engineer
Engineering & Technology – Software Systems /
As an entrepreneurial U.S.-based company that’s competing on a global scale, JMA is growing at an incredible pace – and we’re just getting started. We’re a leading global innovator of mobile connectivity solutions. We design and build next-generation in-building and outdoor mobile wireless systems, delivering the industry’s most powerful technologies that enable LTE, 5G and CBRS services on mobile operator networks worldwide. Whether our teammates working on the manufacturing floor creating products or working side by side with our customers at an installation, we are never satisfied with the status quo. We never settle, every person in every position has the power to make an impact.
- The L1/L2 BBU Junior Software Engineer will be responsible for the design of Layer 1 and Layer 2 features of the LTE eNodeB baseband unit (BBU). The person in this role will be part of an internal development team, with members located in Italy and the US, focused on new software engineering for the LTE eNodeB BBU. The person in this position will also work with Senior Developers and System Engineers to design and debug advanced functionalities.
- Experience in an engineering capacity developing Linux software in C or C++, with a focus on embedded programming.
- Must be legally authorized to work in Bologna, Italy
- Development experience with at least one base station scheduler: Wi-Fi, WiMAX, etc.
- Understanding of the development challenges associated with an eNodeB MAC scheduler.
Additional Experience and Knowledge a Plus:
- Experience with some base station scheduler (Wi-Fi, WiMAX, etc.).
- A Bachelor's degree in engineering with emphasis on telecommunications, wireless, electrical, or software systems.
Position Location & Travel:
- Occasional domestic or international travel may be required.
JMA offers a total rewards package designed to support your life, both in and outside of work. When you join our team, you have immediate access to numerous benefits and perks that fit your specific needs. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered! We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you. Investing in our employees is our #1 priority. Are you in?
At JMA Wireless, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate, support, and thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. JMA Wireless is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.