Junior BBU Software Engineer
Engineering & Technology – Software Systems /
JMA is looking for a Junior BBU (Baseband Unit) Software Engineer to join our team in Bologna, Italy.
As an entrepreneurial U.S.-based company that’s competing on a global scale, JMA is growing at an incredible pace – and we’re just getting started. We’re a leading global innovator of mobile connectivity solutions. We design and build next-generation in-building and outdoor mobile wireless systems, delivering the industry’s most powerful technologies that enable LTE, 5G and CBRS services on mobile operator networks worldwide. Whether our teammates are working on the manufacturing floor creating products or working side by side with our customers at an installation, we are never satisfied with the status quo. We never settle, every person in every position has the power to make an impact
- The Junior BBU Software Engineer will be responsible for the design and implementation of L1/L2/L3 features of the baseband unit (BBU) for the 4G LTE eNodeB and the 5G NR gNodeB. The person in this role will be part of an internal development team, with members located in Italy and the US, focused on new software engineering for the XRAN and IOTA BBU. The person in this position will also work with Senior Developers and System Engineers to design and debug advanced functionalities.
- Looking for Strong knowledge or experience in Realtime Embedded C on Linux .
- A Bachelor's or Master’s degree in engineering with emphasis on telecommunications, wireless, electrical, or software systems.
- Experience developing Linux software in C or C++, with a focus on embedded programming.
- Exposure to scripting languages (Python, Bash, etc).
- Ability to convert technical specifications in code.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
Additional Experience and Knowledge a Plus:
- Ph.D. in engineering with emphasis on telecommunications, wireless, electrical, or software systems
- Exposure to 3GPP technical specifications
- Experience with some base station scheduler (eNB, gNB, Wi-Fi, etc.)
Position Location & Travel:
- Occasional domestic or international travel may be required