Mechanical Engineering Manager
Liverpool, NY /
Engineering & Technology – Antenna Engineering /
As an entrepreneurial U.S.-based company that’s competing on a global scale, JMA is growing at an incredible pace – and we’re just getting started. We’re a leading global innovator of mobile connectivity solutions. We design and build next-generation in-building and outdoor mobile wireless systems, delivering the industry’s most powerful technologies that enable LTE, 5G and CBRS services on mobile operator networks worldwide. Whether our teammates are working on the manufacturing floor creating products or working side by side with our customers at an installation, we are never satisfied with the status quo. We never settle, every person in every position has the power to make an impact.
The Mechanical Engineering Manager will oversee and coordinate the daily operations of highly skilled Base Station Antenna Mechanical Engineering staff while ensuring that company objectives and goals are met.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and coordinate various antenna mechanical engineering functions and operations including concept creation, prototype evaluation, manufacturing and operations support, automation engineering support, quality assurance, and research and development of new and existing product lines
- Facilitate communication between customers and engineers by ensuring specifications, budgets, and deadlines are clearly communicated and understood
- Serve as a project manager for multiple projects. This includes creating timelines, cost projections, BOM creation, and following a thorough engineering release process by organizing collaborative meetings, and ensuring projects comply with specifications, timelines, and budgets
- Review work and projects for technical accuracy by ensuring a thorough Gate process for product development
- Prepare documentation of critical analysis and providing suggestions for correcting errors
- Recruit and train new engineering staff and provide constructive and timely performance evaluations for existing staff
- Develop effective Team Leads in the organization who show high sense of urgency and efficiency to produce creative antenna products
- Establish, implement, and maintain administrative policies, procedures, and standards.
- Prepare and execute departmental budget
- Maintain knowledge of new trends, developments, technologies, materials, and best practices; applies this knowledge to continually improve product lines and production efficiency
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in Mechanical engineering or another related field that focuses on antenna design
- At least five years of design experience and five years of experience managing a team of at least 10 mechanical engineers and drafters
- Thorough understanding of Mechanical Engineering theory and design criteria
- Solid understanding of Injection molding, sheet metal, stamping, die casting, plastics, and material science
- Design knowledge in Macro base station products, small cell products and inbuilding antenna products
- Thorough understanding of Vibration, thermal management and wind load analysis
- Strong understanding of manufacturing of wireless products for manufacturing
- Proficiency with SolidWorks, ANSYS, Icepack, and PRO-E
- Excellent interpersonal, self-driven attitude and sense of urgency
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills, including the ability to prioritize and delegate tasks as needed
JMA offers a total rewards package designed to support your life, both in and outside of work. When you join our team, you have immediate access to numerous benefits and perks that fit your specific needs. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered! We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you. Investing in our employees is our #1 priority. Are you in?
At JMA Wireless, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate, support, and thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. JMA Wireless is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.