Quality Engineer, TLS
Liverpool, NY /
Production & Manufacturing – Quality /
As an entrepreneurial U.S.-based company that’s competing on a global scale, JMA is growing at an incredible pace – and we’re just getting started. We’re a leading global innovator of mobile connectivity solutions. We design and build next-generation in-building and outdoor mobile wireless systems, delivering the industry’s most powerful technologies that enable LTE, 5G and CBRS services on mobile operator networks worldwide. Whether our teammates working on the manufacturing floor creating products or working side by side with our customers at an installation, we are never satisfied with the status quo. We never settle, every person in every position has the power to make an impact.
Tasks and Activities:
- Establish, implement and maintain the quality management systems for TLS.
- Develop quality dashboard to highlight/reduce/eliminate product failures in the both design phase into NPD, and in production.
- Responsible for continual improvement activities to enhance the quality system for TLS, ensuring best practices are developed and driven through the design of new products.
- Monitor and Compile Weekly Quality Metrics
- Develop FMEA and Control Plans for TLS Product Lines for improvement on process controls within the NPD area: reduction of operator error, process flaws that can lead to significant non-conformances (too much WIP before defect is caught, for example)
- Interface with Engineering and Operations to ensure products are in accordance with approved data. (Drawings are detailed with Critical characterizes and PPAPs are completed for qualification)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Access, Excel, and Word
- Conduct audits, including closing out audit findings, creating audits finding reports and determine proper corrective and preventive actions.
- Conduct capability studies on new products, including Gage R&R (as applicable)
- Process improvements: FPY, reduce TAKT time, reduce scrap, capability studies, internal audits (areas of focus)
- Assist in reducing scrap from TLS manufacturing
- Communication of quality issues
- Follow Q&EMS Policies, Procedures and Instructions
- Assist JMA in minimizing its impact on the environment and preventing pollution through recycling efforts defined in the waste management programs and ensuring chemicals are managed in a manner that prevents spills.
- BS Degree in Engineering, preferably Industrial or Quality, or related technical field
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer preferred
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated experience with Quality/Process tools such as FMEA’s, QFD, PPAP, and APQP
- Demonstrated experience with conducting disciplined Root Cause(s) Analysis
- Demonstrated experience with process based auditing and risk management as it relates to quality
- Demonstrated experience forming and leading problem solving teams
- CAD (Currently use Solidworks)
- Computer- Microsoft Office suite, email, work order system, SAP
- 50% Normal office environment. 50% development lab and manufacturing floor.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
JMA offers a total rewards package designed to support your life, both in and outside of work. When you join our team, you have immediate access to numerous benefits and perks that fit your specific needs. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered! We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you. Investing in our employees is our #1 priority. Are you in?
At JMA Wireless, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate, support, and thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. JMA Wireless is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.