Mechanical Engineering Intern - Fall Semester
Liverpool, NY /
Internships & Co-Ops – Engineering /
As an entrepreneurial U.S.-based company that’s competing on a global scale, JMA is growing at an incredible pace – and we’re just getting started. We’re a leading global innovator of mobile connectivity solutions. We design and build next-generation in-building and outdoor mobile wireless systems, delivering the industry’s most powerful technologies that enable LTE, 5G and CBRS services on mobile operator networks worldwide. Whether our teammates working on the manufacturing floor creating products or working side by side with our customers at an installation, we are never satisfied with the status quo. We never settle, every person in every position has the power to make an impact.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Mechanical Design Team in both small cell and macro antenna development
- Gain introductory skills in designing wireless antenna products though use of CAD, simulation and product prototyping
- Product design and development using SolidWorks CAD software
- Design of plastic and sheet metals parts
- Part level structural analysis using ANSYS software
- Drawing creation with use of SolidWorks
- Enrolled in a Master's program in Mechanical Engineering or a similar field
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks 3D modeling and drawings
- Capable of utilizing analysis simulation software, ANSYS
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products, excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of mechanical assembly processes such as soldering, torqueing, electronic assembly
- Creativity and excellent organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills
JMA offers a total rewards package designed to support your life, both in and outside of work. When you join our team, you have immediate access to numerous benefits and perks that fit your specific needs. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered! We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you. Investing in our employees is our #1 priority. Are you in?
At JMA Wireless, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate, support, and thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. JMA Wireless is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.