Industrial Engineer – Liverpool, NY
Liverpool, NY /
Production & Manufacturing – Industrial /
Wireless technology now impacts nearly every aspect of daily life around the world. As the fastest-growing global tech company, JMA designs and delivers cutting-edge wireless technology solutions that modernize how people learn, work, live and play, like never imagined. We power today’s leading industries through next generation software-based 5G, private wireless networks, 5G-ready antennas and connectors, and advanced indoor 5G capabilities — all manufactured in the U.S. Our headquarters, along with the first-of-its-kind 5G campus are located in Syracuse, NY, with innovative tech hubs around the world. Join our team to shape the future of wireless technology and elevate how people experience the world!
As an Industrial Engineer for JMA Wireless, you will be a hands-on engineer responsible for reviewing, documenting, and improving processes. In addition, you will design, lead, and support Continuous Improvement activities to increase quality and output while decreasing cost.
- Support and/or lead waste reduction using Lean thinking
- Setup and/or reconfigure production cells for new products per the production schedule
- Support continuous product launches in a growth environment
- Creating and maintaining the accuracy of all routing system information
- Write and maintain process documentation including work instructions, manufacturing SOP’s and work instructions to maximize efficiency and minimize waste
- Coordinating with Maintenance or vendors for the installation, repair, upgrade, or removal of equipment to minimize impact to production
- Leading or assisting in the identification of new process, new equipment and equipment suppliers
- Participate in daily production meetings and Kaizen events
- Review manufacturing systems using standard tools like time studies, spaghetti diagrams, process capabilities, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Mechanical related discipline
- 5+ years’ experience in an engineering discipline
- Excellent technical writing skills and process understanding
- A background in reviewing, documenting, and improving processes
- Strong preference given to candidates with systems engineering background applied to an assembly environment
- Strong preference given to Lean manufacturing candidates with hands-on experience in Lean tools and Lean certifications
JMA offers a total rewards package designed to support your life, both in and outside of work. When you join our team, you have immediate access to numerous benefits and perks that fit your specific needs. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered! We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you. Investing in our employees is our #1 priority. Are you in?
At JMA Wireless, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate, support, and thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. JMA Wireless is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.