Junior Firmware Developer
Engineering & Technology – Software Systems /
JMA is looking for a Junior Firmware Developer to join our team in Milan, Italy.
As an entrepreneurial U.S.-based company that’s competing on a global scale, JMA is growing at an incredible pace – and we’re just getting started. We’re a leading global innovator of mobile connectivity solutions. We design and build next-generation in-building and outdoor mobile wireless systems, delivering the industry’s most powerful technologies that enable 4G, 5G and CBRS services on mobile operator networks worldwide.
The company, with offices around the world, has recently opened a new Research and Development Center in one of the most active and modern areas of Milan, easily accessible from the Central and Garibaldi stations and a few minutes’ walk from 3 underground stations.
To strengthen this team, JMA Wireless is now looking for junior qualified FW developer with experience in C/C++ embedded software development, preferably, but not necessarily, in the field of telecommunications and wireless technologies.
- The person in this role will be responsible for design, develop, implement, debug and maintain embedded real time applications working on different modules using the most innovative FPGA @ARM based SoC. With the growing of experience, the Junior FW Developer will be able to contribute in all phases of the FW/SW development life cycle from early hardware board design up to the validation of the project done by testing team.
- Must have excellent coding skills in C/C++
- Ability to understand electrical schematics
- Experience debugging and bring-up embedded systems
Preferred additional experience and knowledge
- Experience with Linux device driver development and optimizations
- Experience with Linux kernel software, Embedded Linux, U-Boot/kernel development and customization, Linux Device Tree, File system operations
- Multi-threaded and multi-process architectures
- Experience with communication networks and protocols (e.g. USB, Ethernet, TCP/IP, UDP etc.) are also beneficial
- Resource constrained processors (e.g. single core ARM)
- Experience with performance optimization
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering and/or Computer Engineering, Computer Science or similar
- Proactive and result-oriented attitude and the predisposition to work in a team, interacting with the other figures involved and combining efforts and different skills to achieve goals together
- The candidate is asked to attach a cover letter indicating the relevant experiences for the position in question.