Liverpool, NY /
Engineering & Technology – Model Shop /
As an entrepreneurial U.S.-based company that’s competing on a global scale, JMA is growing at an incredible pace – and we’re just getting started. We’re a leading global innovator of mobile connectivity solutions. We design and build next-generation in-building and outdoor mobile wireless systems, delivering the industry’s most powerful technologies that enable LTE, 5G and CBRS services on mobile operator networks worldwide. Whether our teammates working on the manufacturing floor creating products or working side by side with our customers at an installation, we are never satisfied with the status quo. We never settle, every person in every position has the power to make an impact.
Tasks and Activities:
- Programming, setting up, and running CNC machinery as well as a variety of manually operated machine tools in a shop of mostly Journeyman Toolmakers
- Manufacture complex prototype parts that supports the development of industry leading technologies
- Provide DFM input back to the engineering team
- May also fabricate or repair parts to support production machinery, fixtures, and assembly equipment
- Applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, fixture design, and machining best practices
- Make parts from a wide variety of metals and plastics
- Follow Q&EMS Policies, Procedures, and Instructions
- Assist JMA in minimizing its impact on the environment and preventing pollution through recycling efforts defined in the waste management programs and ensuring chemicals are managed in a manner that prevents spills
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English
- Basic computer skills. Word, Excel, Outlook
- Must be able to read blueprints and use measuring equipment (Micrometer, Depth Micrometer, Dial Indicator, Machinist Scale, Optical Comparator, Gauges, etc.)
- Machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, or grinders
- Interpret drawings effectively to determine work holding methods and sequences of operations needed to fabricate parts that will yield the dimensions and tolerances required
- Must be able to perform simple addition and subtraction trigonometry, utilize hand tools and have basic mechanical abilities
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision
JMA offers a total rewards package designed to support your life, both in and outside of work. When you join our team, you have immediate access to numerous benefits and perks that fit your specific needs. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered! We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you. Investing in our employees is our #1 priority. Are you in?
At JMA Wireless, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate, support, and thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. JMA Wireless is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.