Integration - Field Engineer
Remote - US /
Engineering & Technology – Deployment & Integration /
Wireless technology now impacts nearly every aspect of daily life around the world. As the fastest-growing global tech company, JMA designs and delivers cutting-edge wireless technology solutions that modernize how people learn, work, live and play, like never imagined. We power today’s leading industries through next generation software-based 5G, private wireless networks, 5G-ready antennas and connectors, and advanced indoor 5G capabilities — all manufactured in the U.S. Our headquarters, along with the first-of-its-kind 5G campus are located in Syracuse, NY, with innovative tech hubs around the world. Join our team to shape the future of wireless technology and elevate how people experience the world!
The Integration/Field Engineer is viewed as a subject matter expert that is expected to commission LTE, 5G and CBRS solutions and helps drive the delivery and implementation of such 4G/5G networked infrastructure. Must be a strong Network Engineer with Linux server experience. This position is to support a large variety of efforts in the Consumer, Medium to Large Business & Department of Defense technology while on site. Travel of 50% is to be expected.
This candidate can be a remote employee with a preference for a candidate that is located in the Albany or Atlanta, GA or Tallahassee, Jacksonville, or Orlando, FL area.
The Integration/Field Engineer leads and/or participates in the design, development, and implementation of complex system engineering activities involving cross-functional technical support. Responsible for components of highly complex engineering and/or analytical tasks and activities. Establishes input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility, coordination of subsystems design, and integration of total system. Able to provide and communicate complex technology solutions across differing audiences including technical, managerial, business executives, and/or vendors.
Responsible for multiple, complex projects; directs activities of teams related to special initiatives or operations. Leads the resolution process for complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results.
- Responsible for coordination and execution of engineering and technical aspects of each assigned project.
- Participation in technical deep dives.
- Document all of the projects scope, requirements, assumptions, and general info using standard templates.
- Execute appropriate engagements to the impacted teams for their involvement (e.g., server placements, network connectivity, procurement, etc.).
- Participate in peer reviews of design decisions to ensure accuracy and alignment of best in class designs and solutions.
- Remain engaged at every stage of the project through the end of the deployment/integration period.
- Provide application support by debugging code, fixes, bugs and integrated modules during engineering and integration phase.
- System administration of Linux systems, some scripting and packaging using rpm, apt-get, yum.
- Able to fix and troubleshoot different variations of Linux Operating systems.
- Advanced network troubleshooting of multiple vendor solutions.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 50% and up to100% and work remotely with minimum guidance, daily assignments, independently or with a team.
- Technical - must demonstrate broad understanding of each item:
- Infrastructure – Windows and Linux system platforms.
- Network and System practices and procedures for deploying systems.
- Network - demonstrated working knowledge of routing, switching, DNS, VLAN, advanced network troubleshooting.
- Linux system build/configuration, administration and troubleshooting.
- Network monitoring tools – Wireshark, tcpdump, etc.
- Ability to meet / speak with various customers and vendors to gain an understanding of their architecture, systems, objectives, etc. and then determine the best solution most appropriate for their environment.
- Hands-on experience working with servers (Linux).
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux certifications and scripting.
- Network certifications or hands on experience with multiple vendor solutions.
- RF knowledge, 4G/5G and CBRS wireless solutions.
- Excellent teamwork mindset and ability to collaborate with various team members of other internal groups.
JMA offers a total rewards package designed to support your life, both in and outside of work. When you join our team, you have immediate access to numerous benefits and perks that fit your specific needs. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered! We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you. Investing in our employees is our #1 priority. Are you in?
At JMA Wireless, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate, support, and thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. JMA Wireless is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.