Application Cyber Security Architect
Allen, TX - Austin, TX - Chicago, IL - Liverpool, NY - Richmond, VA /
Information Technology – Infrastructure /
JMA Wireless is looking for an Application Cyber Security Architect to join our team on one of our main office locations. (Allen, TX; Austin, TX; Chicago, IL; Liverpool, NY; Richmond, VA).
The ideal candidate will have come from a Software Development and QA background and be able to focus on providing security from a Software Infrastructure as well as Networking and IT.
As an entrepreneurial U.S.-based company that’s competing on a global scale, JMA is growing at an incredible pace – and we’re just getting started. We’re a leading global innovator of mobile connectivity solutions. We design and build next-generation in-building and outdoor mobile wireless systems, delivering the industry’s most powerful technologies that enable LTE, 5G and CBRS services on mobile operator networks worldwide. Whether our teammates working on the manufacturing floor creating products or working side by side with our customers at an installation, we are never satisfied with the status quo. We never settle, every person in every position has the power to make an impact.
- Provide secure design and implementation frameworks for the installation of JMA product sets into customer facilities
- Develop a complete understanding of JMA product sets and how they integrate into customer networks
- Design, build, implement and support enterprise-class security systems with JMA products
- Align product security strategy with application development technology strategy
- Design security architecture elements to mitigate threats as they emerge
- Plan, research, and design robust security architectures for product installations
- Perform or supervise vulnerability testing, risk analyses and security assessments on product lines during QA phase
- Create solutions that balance customer requirements with product capabilities
- Identify security design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend changes or enhancements
- Test security systems to ensure they behave as expected
- Provide policy and guidance on security to application development teams
- Identify and communicate current and emerging security threats and how they may affect JMA products
- Respond immediately to security-related incidents and provide thorough remedial solutions and analysis
- Regularly communicate vital information, security needs and priorities to product lines and customers
- Act as security liaison between product lines and corporate IT
- Provided Application Level Cyber Security guidance and governance
- Utilize emerging technologies to design and implement security solutions; monitoring and improving those solutions while working with both information security, network, and application development teams
- Consulting and engineering in the design and development of security best practices; implementation of security measures to meet business goals, customer needs and regulatory requirements
- Identity and access management; tracking and creating/enforcing policies that govern access sensitive technology resources and information assets
Technical Skills and knowledge
- Linux and Windows operating systems
- Linux security framework including firewall, SELinux, and other related software
- Firewall, Router, Switch, and VLAN security
- Thorough understanding of relevant industry security standards and protocols including ISO27001, CMMC and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST); Control Objectives for Information and Related Technologies (COBIT); Committee of Sponsoring Organizations (COSO) of the Treadway Commission, a joint initiative to combat corporate fraud
- Risk assessment procedures, policy formation, role-based authorization methodologies, authentication technologies and security attack pathologies
- Outstanding communication skills; strong critical thinking and analytical skills. Can communicate with customers and C-level executives.
- Strong leadership, project and team-building skills, including the ability to lead teams and influence initiatives in multiple departments
- Demonstrated ability to identify risks associated with business processes, operations, technology projects and information security programs
- Ability to function as an enterprise security subject matter expert who can explain complex topics to those without a technical background
JMA offers a total rewards package designed to support your life, both in and outside of work. When you join our team, you have immediate access to numerous benefits and perks that fit your specific needs. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered! We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you. Investing in our employees is our #1 priority. Are you in?
At JMA Wireless, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate, support, and thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. JMA Wireless is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.