NOC Analyst I
Liverpool, NY /
Engineering & Technology – Private LTE /
As an entrepreneurial U.S.-based company that’s competing on a global scale, JMA is growing at an incredible pace – and we’re just getting started. We’re a leading global innovator of mobile connectivity solutions. We design and build next-generation in-building and outdoor mobile wireless systems, delivering the industry’s most powerful technologies that enable LTE, 5G and CBRS services on mobile operator networks worldwide. Whether our teammates working on the manufacturing floor creating products or working side by side with our customers at an installation, we are never satisfied with the status quo. We never settle, every person in every position has the power to make an impact.
The NOC Analyst 1 position will monitor, detect issues, and take appropriate recovery actions upon various commercially in-service Wireless Commercial networks including macro, venue, and in-building systems. This includes opening tickets to document issues and engage Tier 2 and Design support when required. The position will have direct interaction with customers and could have periodic domestic travel to assist for onsite repairs, up to 5%.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in troubleshooting Network installations issues
- Provide technical support to customers in response to emergency calls or service requests in troubleshooting and repair
- Maintain written knowledge base of problems and solutions
- Ability to work on multiple priorities and/or projects simultaneously.
- Excellent listening and communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong customer relationship skills.
- Organized, detail oriented and self-motivated.
- Ability to provide and maintain detailed documentation on each ticket.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to effectively communicate through e-mail.
- Ability to remain in contact with the client throughout the completion of tickets.
- Server preparation and installation
- Assist NOC Analysts 2 in PoC labs as needed
- A minimum of an Associate's degree in Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or a related field; or 1-2 years previous NOC/Telecom/IT experience
- Strong analytical troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of routers, layer 2/3 switches, and other networking devices.
- Knowledge of office suite applications such as Microsoft Visio, Word, Excel, etc.
- Proficiency with CentOS 7/8
- Knowledge of Linux operating systems CLI
- Familiarity with Firewalls and VPN’s
- Flexible schedule
- RF knowledge a plus
JMA offers a total rewards package designed to support your life, both in and outside of work. When you join our team, you have immediate access to numerous benefits and perks that fit your specific needs. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered! We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you. Investing in our employees is our #1 priority. Are you in?
At JMA Wireless, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate, support, and thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. JMA Wireless is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.