VP of Manufacturing Operations
Liverpool, NY /
Management – Production & Manufacturing /
JMA is seeking a VP of Manufacturing Operations who will be based out of our headquarters in Liverpool, New York.
If you are searching for a “hands-on” opportunity to have significant impact within a high-growth organization designing and manufacturing for expansion, we’d love to talk with you.
This is a key leadership position with day-to-day and management oversight of the Company’s US Manufacturing Operations to include warehouse, quality, production, fulfillment, and logistics as well as US facilities safety and maintenance.
- Ability to thrive within a fast-paced environment
- Provide organizational leadership through rapid and cyclical growth
- Lead the development, change management, and execution of a manufacturing strategy while developing a best in class operations team
- Assist in building a best-in-class quality department
- Drive continuous improvements in the areas of safety, quality, delivery, cost, and inventory management
- Conduct regular finance reviews of manufacturing efficiency metrics to include utilization, production, delivery, labor efficiencies, CNC machine performance, materials usage & yield loss
- Ensure manufacturing departmental decisions & project plans are in alignment with sales, product development, supply chain, safety, and other functional organizations
- Lead and oversee department budgets to include management of capital improvement projects within established return on investment metrics
- Build and develop a strong sourcing team and implement a strategic global sourcing plan, driving material cost reductions and supply chain risk mitigation
- Lead plant innovation and design of manufacturing automation that allows the company to produce a product at world class efficiency
- Establish strong relationships and partnerships with our contract manufacturers and work as one team to accomplish the objectives and deliver on-time, on-spec and
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Logistics, Engineering, or related field required; MBA or master’s degree preferred
- Six Sigma and Lean certifications
- Expertise at rolling out and managing SAP ERP systems
- Experience in deploying and managing ISO-compliant processes and organizations
- At least 10 years of industry-related experience required, including a minimum of three years in operations management
- Ability to lead in a bilingual environment
- Passion for individual and team development at all levels within Manufacturing
- Cultivate and promote a team environment where individual and team contributions are recognized and rewarded
- Experience in selection and continuous improvement of global manufacturers and suppliers
- Engage and empower a highly functioning results-driven environment
- Effectively communicates, influences, aligns, and establishes trust within the team and cross-functionally
- Strong financial acumen as it relates to operations budgets, efficiency, capacity management, overall performance and margin
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- A willingness to be hands
JMA offers a total rewards package designed to support your life, both in and outside of work. When you join our team, you have immediate access to numerous benefits and perks that fit your specific needs. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered! We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you. Investing in our employees is our #1 priority. Are you in?
At JMA Wireless, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate, support, and thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. JMA Wireless is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.