Engineering & Technology – Software /
As an entrepreneurial U.S.-based company that’s competing on a global scale, JMA is growing at an incredible pace – and we’re just getting started. We’re a leading global innovator of mobile connectivity solutions. We design and build next-generation in-building and outdoor mobile wireless systems, delivering the industry’s most powerful technologies that enable LTE, 5G and CBRS services on mobile operator networks worldwide. Whether our teammates are working on the manufacturing floor creating products or working side by side with our customers at an installation, we are never satisfied with the status quo. We never settle, every person in every position has the power to make an impact.
- The Technical Writer is responsible for producing high-quality documentation in accordance with the in-house style guide and provided templates. Determine the needs of end users of technical documentation while working with physical product samples, taking photographs and screenshots as needed.
- The Technical Writer will conduct interviews with SMEs to elicit documentation requirements, revise existing documentation as required and requested, edit images using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or similar tools as needed.
- 3+ years of technical writing experience in electronics/telecommunication environment
- Native-level proficiency in English, both verbal and written
- Experience in creating high-quality documentation with attention to formatting, voice, audience, and detail
- Strong working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Strong working knowledge of MadCap Flare
- Strong working knowledge of all Adobe Creative Cloud applications, including Photoshop, Acrobat Pro, and Illustrator
- University degree in technical writing, English, journalism, communications, or computer science
- Experience using Microsoft SharePoint as a document management system
- Experience using Microsoft Visio to create diagrams and flowcharts