FPGA Design Engineering Intern
Austin, Texas /
Internships & Co-Ops – Engineering /
As an entrepreneurial U.S.-based company that’s competing on a global scale, JMA is growing at an incredible pace – and we’re just getting started. We’re a leading global innovator of mobile connectivity solutions. We design and build next-generation in-building and outdoor mobile wireless systems, delivering the industry’s most powerful technologies that enable LTE, 5G and CBRS services on mobile operator networks worldwide. Whether our teammates working on the manufacturing floor creating products or working side by side with our customers at an installation, we are never satisfied with the status quo. We never settle, every person in every position has the power to make an impact.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Research and development 5G baseband modems with a mastery of industry trends and emerging wireless technologies
- Engage in the RTL design and verification
- Verification of 5G Modem IP, build test-benches, test-cases and automation of regressions
- Digital Design and verification of logic blocks
- Performance evaluation of Xilinx IPs
- FPGA synthesis, timing closure for Xilinx and Intel FPGAs
- RF/IF spectrum Analysis in Lab
- Enrolled in a BS or MS program in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Coursework and/or experience with signal processing and digital design
- Experience in Python and firmware development
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of FPGA Design, Xilinx preferred
- Experience with C, Verilog, and VHDL
JMA offers a total rewards package designed to support your life, both in and outside of work. When you join our team, you have immediate access to numerous benefits and perks that fit your specific needs. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered! We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you. Investing in our employees is our #1 priority. Are you in?
At JMA Wireless, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate, support, and thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. JMA Wireless is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.