Technical Sales Engineer, Central Region
Austin, Texas /
Product Management – Antenna /
As an entrepreneurial U.S.-based company that’s competing on a global scale, JMA is growing at an incredible pace – and we’re just getting started. We’re a leading global innovator of mobile connectivity solutions. We design and build next-generation in-building and outdoor mobile wireless systems, delivering the industry’s most powerful technologies that enable LTE, 5G and CBRS services on mobile operator networks worldwide. Whether our teammates working on the manufacturing floor creating products or working side by side with our customers at an installation, we are never satisfied with the status quo. We never settle, every person in every position has the power to make an impact.
- JMA Wireless is an innovation leader in the cellular industry and is seeking motivated, passionate candidates who prefer to work on the leading edge of technology.
- This is an opportunity to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment where individual contribution is recognized and rewarded
- JMA Wireless is a global organization. This position provides the opportunity to work at the corporate headquarters in Syracuse, NY.
- We understand the importance of investing in our employees and therefore offer training and further education
- Lead customer product discussions and presentations, demonstrating how JMA Transmission Line products add value to the Wireless Carrier Networks.
- Drive new product initiatives across all JMA customers in a specified territory
- Support the customers RF RAN system design, site layout/design and antenna configuration details.
- Drive advanced new technology/spectrum architecture discussions that incorporate JMA product or new product opportunities
- Provide product and technical expertise to support Sales efforts of JMA products
- Lead technical tasks (field trials & product demonstrations), including written proposals (RFPs), and complex network designs.
- Must be able to effectively communicate solutions to customers and work with Sales teams and other internal JMA departments.
- Collect and Assist in assessment/prioritization of new features with product management to develop and propose product enhancements to meet customer requirements
- Assist in tracking of product deliverables and communicating issues to regional teams
- Detailed understanding of Carrier Network 4G & 5G RAN deployments and architectures
- Hands-on systems level understanding and an ability to learn and apply new concepts and technologies quickly
- Time management skills; ability to plan, prioritize, execute & follow-up within a timely manner
- Professionalism in attitude, conduct, and appearance
- Ability to work within a high-performance team
- Flexible, able to handle multiple tasks with minimal supervision
- Customer facing experience and working Sales, Project Management, System Engineering and System Technologist
- Preferable experience with RF Propagation modelling tools.
- Ability to build strong customer relationships and support an overall sales strategy
- Expert technical expertise and desire to learn new technologies
- Needs to have demonstrated lead in management of on-going activities such as RFP activity, trials and product acceptance
- Must be able to work well with JMA Engineering and PLM
- Excellent organizational skills due to dynamic nature of activities
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
JMA offers a total rewards package designed to support your life, both in and outside of work. When you join our team, you have immediate access to numerous benefits and perks that fit your specific needs. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered! We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you. Investing in our employees is our #1 priority. Are you in?
At JMA Wireless, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate, support, and thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. JMA Wireless is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.