Mechanical Engineer, Finite Element Analysis (FEA) – Liverpool, NY
Liverpool, NY /
Engineering & Technology – Transmission Line Systems Engineering /
Wireless technology now impacts nearly every aspect of daily life around the world. As the fastest-growing global tech company, JMA designs and delivers cutting-edge wireless technology solutions that modernize how people learn, work, live and play, like never imagined. We power today’s leading industries through next generation software-based 5G, private wireless networks, 5G-ready antennas and connectors, and advanced indoor 5G capabilities — all manufactured in the U.S. Our headquarters, along with the first-of-its-kind 5G campus are located in Syracuse, NY, with innovative tech hubs around the world. Join our team to shape the future of wireless technology and elevate how people experience the world!
As a Mechanical Engineer (FEA), you will be an integral part of new product development teams and work from conception through production performing detailed structural, vibration, fatigue, thermal, fluid and RF analysis and provide expertise to solve design challenges. You will also, understand and create complex turbulence models and mesh in CFD to solve unique aerodynamic problems.
- Develop and enforce analysis standards, models, and margins specific to JMA products.
- Research and develop new technologies, validated through analysis for integration into next generation product platforms
- Develop test plans and technical requirements to correlate and validate analysis models
- Deep understanding of mechanical engineering fundamentals including material properties, tolerance analysis, solid mechanics, and thermodynamics
- Experience developing electro-mechanical designs for high-volume, reliable products
- Experience leading teams of engineers (either direct reports or as a technical leader).
- Experience performing and designing mechanical/environmental test methods and data analysis
- Implement and enforcement of ISO 9001/14001 standards
- Product development using SolidWorks software
- Structural and thermal analysis capability utilizing CST, ANSYS and Icepak simulation tools
- Organize and participate in product design reviews
- Prototyping /modeling design
- Create mechanical engineering design specifications
- Follow Q&EMS policies, procedures, and instructions
- Assist JMA in minimizing its impact on the environment and preventing pollution through recycling efforts defined in the waste management programs and ensuring chemicals are managed in a manner that prevents spills
- BS/MS in Mechanical Engineering, RF Engineering, or related engineering field
- 5+ years of engineering/design experience including complex analysis problem solving, Wireless Communication Products experience a plus
- Have familiarity with manufacturing processes including PCB fabrication, sheet metal forming processes, CNC machining, plastic injection molding, plastic, and aluminum extrusion processes, die casting and electronic assembly
- Familiarity designing products for a high-volume manufacturing environment is preferred
- Be capable of using 3D modeling software, SolidWorks preferred
- Capable of utilizing analysis simulation software, CST, ANSYS and Icepak preferred
JMA offers a total rewards package designed to support your life, both in and outside of work. When you join our team, you have immediate access to numerous benefits and perks that fit your specific needs. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered! We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you. Investing in our employees is our #1 priority. Are you in?
At JMA Wireless, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate, support, and thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. JMA Wireless is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.