Senior RF Antenna Design Engineer
Engineering & Technology – Antenna Engineering /
As an entrepreneurial U.S.-based company that’s competing on a global scale, JMA is growing at an incredible pace – and we’re just getting started. We’re a leading global innovator of mobile connectivity solutions. We design and build next-generation in-building and outdoor mobile wireless systems, delivering the industry’s most powerful technologies that enable LTE, 5G and CBRS services on mobile operator networks worldwide. Whether our teammates working on the manufacturing floor creating products or working side by side with our customers at an installation, we are never satisfied with the status quo. We never settle, every person in every position has the power to make an impact.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for technically leading a range of Antenna products from Macro base station antenna, small cells, DAS and inbuilding antennas from concept stage to high volume production. Typically, products range covering a frequency band of 500MHz to 12GHz
- Use antenna design tools to create novel Ultra broad band PCB, sheet metal, cast antenna elements and antenna array.
- Ability to innovate novel antenna architectures that allow densification of antenna arrays to be accommodated in a smaller form factor.
- Strong fundamentals in solving resonances, cloaking and decoupling in multiband antenna arrays.
- Work with Mechanical engineering and drafting team in designing complex PCB layouts in multiband array architectures with good understanding into the nuances of automation.
- Manage project timeline, product performance and cost.
- Work together with manufacturing engineering to transfer products from development to manufacturing.
- Measure prototype performance, analyze and possess strong debug skills.
- Perform root cause analysis of antenna systems and performance issues.
- Lead vendor qualifications of critical components in the antenna (PCB material, plastic material, etc) by creating test procedures to identify key risk in parts.
- Mentor and aid junior RF design engineers and lab technicians.
- Minimum of Masters/PhD in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology with a core specialization in antennas, microwave and Electromagnetics.
- 7-12 years of antenna design experience with solid understanding of antenna fundamentals. Proven record of inventing several novel antenna elements by several grant and filed patents.
- High proficiency in modelling complex multiband arrays using ANSYS HFSS, CST or other antenna modelling software is a must. Ability to streamline results and data using post processing scripts is a plus.
- Ability to create novel ultra-broadband low-cost antenna architectures and debug antenna systems.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision to conclusion of assigned tasks.
- Experience in antenna lab equipment from using VNA, Spectrum analyzer, PIM analyzer and should show experience in measure and optimize antenna patterns using a NF/FF/compact chamber.
- Strong knowledge in impedance matching and matching circuit designs.
- Show strong experience in understanding high volume manufacturing of antenna products.
- Proven track record in working in real world antenna engineering constraints.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work and perform under pressure in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Be creative and possess superior organizational, interpersonal and oral/written communication skills.