Process Technician - Syracuse, NY
Syracuse, NY /
Production & Manufacturing – Industrial /
Wireless technology now impacts nearly every aspect of daily life around the world. As the fastest-growing global tech company, JMA designs and delivers cutting-edge wireless technology solutions that modernize how people learn, work, live and play, like never imagined. We power today’s leading industries through next generation software-based 5G, private wireless networks, 5G-ready antennas and connectors, and advanced indoor 5G capabilities — all manufactured in the U.S. Our headquarters, along with the first-of-its-kind 5G campus are located in Syracuse, NY, with innovative tech hubs around the world. Join our team to shape the future of wireless technology and elevate how people experience the world!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft office programs
- Effectively investigate and resolve day to day production processes and failures with engineering support
- Operates under direct engineer or manager supervision (ability to follow defined priority list)
- Ability to operate production equipment at an expert level (soldering, testing, calibrating, recipe selection, etc.)
- Perform production testing
- Effectively assemble products at high workmanship standard.
- Ability to find, understand and interpret technical product and equipment documentation (EPDM, SAP)
- Effectively use SAP production transactions (scrap, reserve, confirm, etc.)
- Operates under direct engineer supervision (ability to follow and influence defined priority list)
- Review and redline process and design documentation
- Effectively resolve day to day production processes and failures with minimal engineering support
- Train operators on production processes and equipment
- Effectively use HMI screens on equipment to support daily production needs (changeovers, program new recipes, etc.)
- Effectively perform PM on all production equipment per equipment documentation
- Coordinate Measuring Machine
- An analytical mindset and foresight to detect future production issues based on current situations;
- Mechanical assembly experience in manufacturing production environment;
- Solder Certifications, J-STD-001, IPC-A-610/620 certification programs (Antenna Specific - Preferred but not required);
- Solder Rework and Repair certification IPC-A-600 (Antenna Specific - Preferred but not required).
JMA offers a total rewards package designed to support your life, both in and outside of work. When you join our team, you have immediate access to numerous benefits and perks that fit your specific needs. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered! We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you. Investing in our employees is our #1 priority. Are you in?
At JMA Wireless, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate, support, and thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. JMA Wireless is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.