Production & Manufacturing – Logistics /
JMA is restoring U.S. leadership in wireless technology at a critical time in the transition to 5G. It makes the world’s most advanced software-based 5G platform, designed, coded, and manufactured in Syracuse, NY at the only U.S.-owned 5G factory in the country.
Across its global tech centers, JMA makes 5G possible for organizations with the most critical connectivity demands in the world. JMA’s technology is ushering in a new era of connectivity for leading mobile carriers, the most iconic stadiums, major universities, leading healthcare centers, the busiest transit centers, and the U.S. Military.
5G is more than another G on your phone — it is a generational opportunity to change the way the world operates. Join the industry’s fastest growing technology company to shape that future today.
JMA has an opportunity for a Shipping Supervisor to be located out of our warehouse in DeWitt, New York located at 1 General Motors Drive..
Tasks and Activities:
- Supervises workers who confirm and record the receipt of shipments inbound and outbound.
- Manages the work flow of team to meet customer expectations for on-time deliveries.
- Prepare items for shipping, and load and unload trucks.
- Responsible for managing inter-departmental transport of materials.
- Train new employees on standard work processes, manages gaps associated with expedites and exceptions.
- Enforces all safety rules, actively participates in Safety Prevention and Awareness.
- Researches errors providing Corrective Action Reports.
- Act as a working supervisor with ability to execute the following:
- Shipping- using SAP pick and pack material, process shipment capturing exact quantities, shipping methods and products. Audit every shipment that goes out validating effort on ship paperwork. Execute the shipment of the orders using UPS, FEDEX or other LTL or FTL carriers. Invoice freight as defined in order.
- Intercompany PO’s/RTV’s- creates, processes and ships intercompany PO’s as well as RTV’s.
- Operate hand jacks and forklifts to safely move material.
- Adhere to all safety rules especially those related to proper lifting and use of fork lifts.
- Follow Q&EMS Policies, Procedures and Instructions
- Assist JMA in minimizing its impact on the environment and preventing pollution through recycling efforts defined in the waste management programs and ensuring chemicals are managed in a manner that prevents spills.
- Meet and/or exceed customer expectations by means of accurate and timely deliveries.
- Present opportunities to reduce cost either for JMA or customer.
- Live and promote safety at work and at home.
Metrics for the Position:
- Inventory Accuracy (cycle counts, FIFO, order accuracy, and bin accuracy)
- Cross Training
- House Keeping
- College degree or 4-7 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Understanding of a fully integrated ERP system; connectivity of tasks to all departments.
- Excellent people skills; training, coaching and counseling.
- Knowledge/experience in warehousing and basic processes associated with material handling
- Lift 50lbs of material safely. (Proper lifting techniques trained)
- Basic computer competency; keyboard and program navigation with ease and speed
- Ability to communicate opportunities, written and verbals in a timely and professional manner.
- Work with a sense of urgency in all areas.
- Ownership of activities and issues; be part of the solution.
- Willingness to participate in a positive and productive team based environment in support of satisfying and exceeding customer demand. (Customers= internal and external)
- Knowledge of SAP, Microsoft Office, TMS, UPS and FedEx.
- Ability to use/read a tape measure
- Operate hand jacks and forklifts (will provide training if necessary)
- Basic knowledge of scales
$65,000 - $75,000 a year
At JMA, our people are deeply committed to their work and we provide benefits to match. When you join JMA you have immediate access to everything you need. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered. We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you.
At JMA, we don’t just accept differences — we embrace them. JMA is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.