Cloud Virtualization Engineer
Chicago, IL / Richmond, VA /
Engineering & Technology – Software /
Wireless technology now impacts nearly every aspect of daily life around the world. As the fastest-growing global tech company, JMA designs and delivers cutting-edge wireless technology solutions that modernize how people learn, work, live and play, like never imagined. We power today’s leading industries through next generation software-based 5G, private wireless networks, 5G-ready antennas and connectors, and advanced indoor 5G capabilities — all manufactured in the U.S. Our headquarters, along with the first-of-its-kind 5G campus are located in Syracuse, NY, with innovative tech hubs around the world. Join our team to shape the future of wireless technology and elevate how people experience the world!
A disruptive force in the wireless industry, JMA is restoring U.S. leadership in wireless technology at a critical time in the transition to 5G. Based in Syracuse, New York, JMA makes the world’s most advanced software-based 5G platform, which it designs, codes, and manufactures in the United States. JMA’s cutting-edge technology—most notably a revolutionary software solution called XRAN—is ushering in a new era of innovation and connectivity for businesses, workers, and ultimately consumers.
JMA is looking for a Junior Virtualization Cloud Engineer to join our team in any of the following locations; Boulder, CO, Chicago, IL, or Richmond, VA.
This role will help support the deployment of JMA Cloud solutions both internally and at our customer facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with architectural decisions for customer facing product development
- Research, develop, integrate and maintain the best solutions and virtualization plugins in JMA’s products.
- Keep up the pace with the cloud world environment by constantly keeping updated through online documentation, conferences and hands-on labs
- Support the deployment of JMA cloud solutions both internally and at customers’ facilities
- Proactively maintain and develop all Linux internal infrastructure technology to maintain a 24x7x365 uptime service
- Engineering of systems administration-related solutions for various internal and external project and operational needs
- Maintain best practices on managing systems and services across all environments
- Fault finding, analysis and of logging information for reporting of performance exceptions
- Proactively monitoring system performance and capacity planning
- Create and modify scripts or applications to perform monitoring tasksand automate everyday work on cloud environment
- Provide input on ways to improve the stability, security, efficiency, and scalability of the environment
- Collaborate with other teams and team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes
- Help and support development teams institute and understand best practices
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Telecommunications Engineering or similar relevant degree
- Working knowledge of Linux: RedHat, CentOS, Rocky, Debian, etc.
- Working knowledge of Linux networking and related debugging (routing, bridging, iptables, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
- Shell, Perl, and/or Python scripting knowledge
- Familiarity with automation tools such as SaltStack or Ansible
- Knowledge of Internet protocols such as IP, DNS, HTTP, SNMP
- Strong problem solving and communication skills.
Desired skills/Knowledge a plus
- Additional Linux certifications (RHCSA, RHCE and LPIC), Kubernetes (CKA, CKAD, CKS) or cloud related (AWS, GKE, Azure, etc.) will be considered an advantage
- Working knowledge of KVM/VMWare/VirtualBox and SAN management and concepts
- Previous working experience as a System/Network/Security Engineer
- Previous working experience as a Virtualization/Cloud Engineer
JMA offers a total rewards package designed to support your life, both in and outside of work. When you join our team, you have immediate access to numerous benefits and perks that fit your specific needs. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered! We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you. Investing in our employees is our #1 priority. Are you in?
At JMA Wireless, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate, support, and thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. JMA Wireless is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.