Program Manager, Government 5G Solutions
Liverpool, NY /
Sales, Services, Support – North America /
As an entrepreneurial U.S.-based company that’s competing on a global scale, JMA is growing at an incredible pace – and we’re just getting started. We’re a leading global innovator of mobile connectivity solutions. We design and build next-generation in-building and outdoor mobile wireless systems, delivering the industry’s most powerful technologies that enable LTE, 5G and CBRS services on mobile operator networks worldwide. Whether our teammates working on the manufacturing floor creating products or working side by side with our customers at an installation, we are never satisfied with the status quo. We never settle, every person in every position has the power to make an impact.
JMA is seeking a Program Manager for our federal and government business to oversee and coordinate 5G mobile communication technology projects and programs. Responsibilities will include the monitoring of performance, coordinating resources and provide oversight to awarded government 5G system implementation projects and subcontracts. This position will work closely with individuals across the organization to implement 5G communication system solutions contributing to the US leadership initiatives with 5G.
Duties Will Include
- Development of project/program management plans in support of awarded contracts,
- Work with and coordinate across various project management teams of prime contractors, teaming partners and within JMA
- Represent JMA at regular program conferences and meetings during all phases of the contract performance period
- Track and assess project or program progress, success metrics, analyze and anticipate potentials and risks to program
- Manage the financial reporting with JMAs financial department and with JMA assigned resources.
- Track award cost reimbursement, time and material, and firm fixed price subcontracts
- Coordinate with functional departments within JMA (human resources, logistics, supply chain, system and field engineering, finance, operations and support) to ensure appropriate resources are allocated when and where needed within the scope of the program.
- Participate in cross-functional team discussions and problem solving.
- Manage program milestones, lead program reviews and other programmatic meetings
- Administer subcontracts for day-to-day activities; participate in program management reviews and other programmatic meetings
- Support the development of subcontract documents and statements of work during the pre-award phase
- Monitor compliance with applicable subcontract clauses that are incorporated into awarded subcontract documents, including Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) clauses
- Prepare subcontract close-out packages
- Prepare, organize and maintain subcontract records and files documenting subcontractor performance and compliance
- Prioritize between multiple subcontract actions and activities
- Effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders on all matters relating to program subcontracts
- Understand and execute on the programs business goals and provide feedback to the business unit on continuous process improvement
- This position will report directly to JMA’s federal government business leadership.
- Support the development and implementation of programs aligned with emerging US 5G leadership and supply chain security
- Some travel required for kick off meetings and significant milestone events. Expected to be 10%
- Knowledgeable of federal government contract and acquisition regulations.
- Strong organizational, accountability and follow-through skills a must
- Great communication skills with peer and executive stakeholders
- Self-motivated individual that enjoys all phases and across multiple complex and technical projects.
- US citizen required, current or prior security clearance a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Project
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, professional certifications, or extensive work experience as a program manager with technical solutions or systems
JMA offers a total rewards package designed to support your life, both in and outside of work. When you join our team, you have immediate access to numerous benefits and perks that fit your specific needs. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered! We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you. Investing in our employees is our #1 priority. Are you in?
At JMA Wireless, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate, support, and thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. JMA Wireless is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.