Senior RF Test Engineer
Production & Manufacturing – Antenna /
JMA is restoring U.S. leadership in wireless technology at a critical time in the transition to 5G. It makes the world’s most advanced software-based 5G platform, designed, coded, and manufactured in Syracuse, NY at the only U.S.-owned 5G factory in the country.
Across its global tech centers, JMA makes 5G possible for organizations with the most critical connectivity demands in the world. JMA’s technology is ushering in a new era of connectivity for leading mobile carriers, the most iconic stadiums, major universities, leading healthcare centers, the busiest transit centers, and the U.S. Military.
5G is more than another G on your phone — it is a generational opportunity to change the way the world operates. Join the industry’s fastest growing technology company to shape that future today.
As the Senior RF Test Engineer, you will design and implement automated test systems for PCBA testing and final product assemblies our of new state of the art 5G Campus in downtown Syracuse, NY. You will work closely with Design Engineering and Manufacturing in developing test systems to ensure the highest product quality. You will also support a team of technicians by mentoring them on proper debug techniques and electronics theory.
- Develop automated test solutions for manufacturing verification of highly integrated RF devices including, mm-Wave receivers/transmitters/transceivers, base station radios, and analog and mixed signal devices
- Develop tests for antenna and PIM performance verification
- Design and development of RF testing process to extend the capability of existing test platforms
- Work with the design teams to create design specifications for test and troubleshooting of units under test
- Support new product introductions in defining test plans, writing test programs, then releasing to production
- Develop test system performance and stability improvement using statistical data analysis and interpretation techniques
- Develop debug specific code subsets to aid in quick debug diagnostics and fault resolution
- Team with engineering to solve product quality concerns. Utilize Six Sigma tools with a structured problem-solving methodology to identify root cause and develop corrective actions for failure modes identified through failure analysis
- Use test instruments to make conducted and radiated measurements; tools include signal analyzers, spectrum analyzers, vector network analyzers, PIM, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or another related field; or equivalent technical experience
- 8+ years’ experience developing and documenting new test systems or their variants
- Knowledge in both software and hardware development, specifically for RF devices
- Read and understand electrical schematics
- Understanding of test equipment such as: Spectrum Analyzers, Network Analyzers, Power Meters, Oscilloscopes, & Power Supplies (TDR and S parameters)
- Experience in C\C++, C#\Java or Python
- Experience in data analysis using tools Like JMP, Matlab, Pandas, etc.
- Experience with Teststand/Labview preferred
#LI – AC1
$70,000 - $85,000 a year
The starting salary is $70,000+ and salary range will increase based on years of experience.
At JMA, our people are deeply committed to their work and we provide benefits to match. When you join JMA you have immediate access to everything you need. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered. We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you.
At JMA, we don’t just accept differences — we embrace them. JMA is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.