Technical Lead, Platform Engineer - Red Hat
Bologna / Milano
Engineering & Technology – Software /
JMA makes 5G possible for organizations with the most critical connectivity demands in the world. From its global tech centers, JMA is ushering in a new era of connectivity for leading mobile carriers, the most iconic stadiums, major universities, leading healthcare facilities, and the busiest transit centers.
5G is more than another G on your phone — it is a generational opportunity to change the way the world operates. Join the industry’s fastest growing technology company to shape that future today.
JMA is looking for a Technical Lead, Platform Engineer to join our team in Bologna or Milano, Italy.
The Technical Lead, Platform Engineer at JMA will enable the Software Development, QA, and automation test teams to successfully meet their goals by designing, developing, knowledge sharing and documenting platform projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, development, and deployment of software applications in Kubernetes environment.
- Work with Integration and Automation teams to implement continuous delivery of software applications in Kubernetes environment.
- Work with development leads and system test teams in resolving integration issues relating to Kubernetes platform.
- Develop Ansible Playbook, Python, and bash scripts.
- Complete tasks, bugs and stories within a scrum based agile development environment.
- Document and Knowledge share functional and operational details of software applications for peer development, software testing, integration, and documentation teams.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in computer engineering or computer science.
- 7+ years of experience in designing and developing server-based applications using Python, Golang etc.
- 3+ experience with RHEL (preferred) and Debian Linux operating systems and OpenShift is preferred
- Experience with design, build and operation of applications within OpenShift container platform environment.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) certificate preferred or willingness to obtain CKA certificate within 3 months of start date.
- Experience with Python, Golang, and other programming languages.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
Additional Experience and Knowledge a Plus:
- Experience with Bash and other scripting languages.
- Experience with CI/CD driven development methodology.
- Experience with best use security practices for Container Platform.
- Red Hat Certified OpenShift Administrator certification.
At JMA, we don’t just accept differences — we embrace them. JMA is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.