RAN Performance & Data Analytics Engineer
Plano, TX /
Engineering & Technology – Configuration Management /
Wireless technology now impacts nearly every aspect of daily life around the world. As the fastest-growing global tech company, JMA designs and delivers cutting-edge wireless technology solutions that modernize how people learn, work, live and play, like never imagined. We power today’s leading industries through next generation software-based 5G, private wireless networks, 5G-ready antennas and connectors, and advanced indoor 5G capabilities — all manufactured in the U.S. Our headquarters, along with the first-of-its-kind 5G campus are located in Syracuse, NY, with innovative tech hubs around the world. Join our team to shape the future of wireless technology and elevate how people experience the world!
The RAN/EPC Performance and Analytics role is an expert/lead level technical role, with a deep understanding of telecom network PMs (Performance Metrics) and the individual counters that make up formulas for KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and KCIs (Key Capacity Indicators). They will code the creation of live time network performance data visualization to monitor customer’s networks. This also includes a customer accessible web interface that will allow customers to view and query the performance of their network.
The engineer should be adept at troubleshooting – with the ability to automate aggregation of log feeds from various nodes simultaneously, including FM (Fault Management), PM (Performance Management), and CM (Configuration Management), scripting correlation of various network events to detect and identify the cause of issues in customer’s networks. Must be a team player, rallying various experts internally (as needed) for the required syntax to collect, extract, and alert on commercial issues. They will automate collection of appropriate logs and data for problematic scenarios to provide internal Design organizations the logs needed to identify root cause and ultimately provide SW/HW fixes.
- Architect the HW/server specifications required to aggregate, store, and create KPI/KCI reports from various customer networks
- Architect the appropriate access methodology and data feeds (push/pull) from customer networks into our internal servers for data processing
- Create a portal where customers can access and visualize the health and performance of their network
- Automate various system health check reports
- Set Up alerts for various known conditions that could cause network impacts, and automate the appropriate mitigating action to prevent end-user service disruption
- Automate detection of unknown system issues using data analytics and machine learning from various network PM/FM/CM data feeds
- 5+ years' experience analyzing performance metrics and KPI's
- Familiar with eNodeB configuration for 4G & 5G
- 3GPP experience with 4G & 5G
- Experience working in the Linux operating system
- RF background is a strong plus
- This role can be located in either Plano, TX or Boulder, CO
JMA offers a total rewards package designed to support your life, both in and outside of work. When you join our team, you have immediate access to numerous benefits and perks that fit your specific needs. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered! We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you. Investing in our employees is our #1 priority. Are you in?
At JMA Wireless, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate, support, and thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. JMA Wireless is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.