L3 BBU Software Engineer (On-site- Richmond, VA)
Richmond, VA /
Engineering & Technology – Software /
Wireless technology now impacts nearly every aspect of daily life around the world. As the fastest-growing global tech company, JMA designs and delivers cutting-edge wireless technology solutions that modernize how people learn, work, live and play, like never imagined. We power today’s leading industries through next generation software-based 5G, private wireless networks, 5G-ready antennas and connectors, and advanced indoor 5G capabilities — all manufactured in the U.S. Our headquarters, along with the first-of-its-kind 5G campus are located in Syracuse, NY, with innovative tech hubs around the world. Join our team to shape the future of wireless technology and elevate how people experience the world!
JMA Wireless is looking for an experienced BBU Software Engineer to join our team in Richmond, VA. There are no remote work opportunities for this project. The L3 BBU (Baseband Unit) Software Engineer will be responsible for the analysis, design, and construction of advanced layer 3 features of the baseband unit (BBU) for the 4G LTE eNodeB and the 5G NR gNodeB.
- The L3 BBU (Baseband Unit) Software Engineer will be responsible for the analysis, design, and construction of advanced layer 3 features of the baseband unit (BBU) for the 4G LTE eNodeB and the 5G NR gNodeB.
- The person in this role will be part of an internal development team, with members located in Italy and the US, with focus on 5G NR interface implementation.
- The person in this position will also work with vendors who supply BBU software components, collaborating with them as needed to supplement base functionality already found within the software.
- At least 5 years of experience in an engineering capacity developing Linux software in C or C++, with experience in baseband LTE/NR software development.
- A Master's degree in engineering or computer science with emphasis on telecommunications, wireless, electrical, or software systems.
- Ability to convert 3GPP specifications in code.
- Experience with ASN.1 and at least one 3GPP application protocol - e.g., NGAP, XnAP, E1AP, F1AP, S1AP or X2AP.
- Broad experience with various aspects of the software development life cycle such as change management workflows, design for testability / test-driven development, defect tracking, release management, and continuous integration.
- Experience working within an entrepreneurial environment, developing internal constituents, a team player.
Additional Experience and Knowledge a Plus:
- Ph.D. in engineering with emphasis on telecommunications, wireless, electrical, or software systems.
- Specific knowledge of F1AP interface and 3GPP 5G L3 stack.
- Collaboration skills.
Position Location & Travel:
- Occasional domestic or international travel may be required
JMA offers a total rewards package designed to support your life, both in and outside of work. When you join our team, you have immediate access to numerous benefits and perks that fit your specific needs. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered! We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you. Investing in our employees is our #1 priority. Are you in?
At JMA Wireless, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate, support, and thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. JMA Wireless is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.