Core Network Product Owner Director
Remote - Italy
Product Management – 5G RAN /
JMA is restoring U.S. leadership in wireless technology at a critical time in the transition to 5G. It makes the world’s most advanced software-based 5G platform, designed, coded, and manufactured in Syracuse, NY at the only U.S.-owned 5G factory in the country.
Across its global tech centers, JMA makes 5G possible for organizations with the most critical connectivity demands in the world. JMA’s technology is ushering in a new era of connectivity for leading mobile carriers, the most iconic stadiums, major universities, leading healthcare centers, the busiest transit centers, and the U.S. Military.
5G is more than another G on your phone — it is a generational opportunity to change the way the world operates. Join the industry’s fastest growing technology company to shape that future today.
JMA is looking for an experienced Core Network Product Owner Director in the Wireless communications industry to join our team. This position will be remote based out of Italy with up to 50% travel to customer sites and JMA offices in Bologna and Milan.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive JMA’s Core Network strategy working in close collaboration with ecosystem partners
- Lead Core Network partners program and establish governance with key stakeholders
- Define and own Core Network architecture and solution across 4G & 5G
- Collaborate with system engineering and R&D teams to create solutions for key uses cases like network slicing, roaming, MOCN, etc.
- Provide Core Network technology and market insights to the Product team, including competitive benchmarking
- Collaborate with partners to execute on roadmap and milestones
- Work closely with key stakeholders across the company, in particular Product Line Managers, System Engineering, Legal, Marketing, and Sales teams
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in computer engineering or computer science; Masters’ degree preferred
- 10 years of relevant Core Network, Cloud & wireless industry experience, including strong research and development or product management experience
- Strong knowledge of 3GPP standards, 4G EPC, 5G Core and cloud-native architecture
- Understanding of network operations and management challenges
- Capacity to manage multiple competing priorities and talent to work in a fast-paced, high commitment environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentations cross-functionally to large audiences
Additional Experience and Knowledge a Plus:
- Experience with network automation and orchestration
- Experience with artificial intelligence and machine learning
At JMA, our people are deeply committed to their work and we provide benefits to match. When you join JMA you have immediate access to everything you need. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered. We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you.
At JMA, we don’t just accept differences — we embrace them. JMA is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.