Junior Engineer, Software - C++
Chicago, IL /
Engineering & Technology – Software Systems /
As an entrepreneurial U.S.-based company that’s competing on a global scale, JMA is growing at an incredible pace – and we’re just getting started. We’re a leading global innovator of mobile connectivity solutions. We design and build next-generation in-building and outdoor mobile wireless systems, delivering the industry’s most powerful technologies that enable LTE, 5G and CBRS services on mobile operator networks worldwide. Whether our teammates working on the manufacturing floor creating products or working side by side with our customers at an installation, we are never satisfied with the status quo. We never settle, every person in every position has the power to make an impact.
- The C++ Developer will participate in all phases of the software development life cycle. The person in this role will support development of management services and user interfaces. Furthermore, the person in this role may be involved in customization of the software to interface with customer’s systems.
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications Engineering, or another technical discipline
- Proactive and result-oriented attitude and the predisposition to work in a team, interacting with the other figures involved and combining efforts and different skills to achieve goals together
- Experience in C++ development
- Good knowledge of object-oriented programming
- Programming languages (C, PYTHON/JAVA)
- Version control system (GIT)
- Operating system (LINUX)
- Database management (SQL)
- Communication protocols (REST, SNMP, NETCONF)
Preferred additional experience and knowledge:
- Agile development concepts
- Experience in programming supervision systems
- Test Driven development concepts
- Network programming experience
- Telecommunications and wireless technologies
JMA offers a total rewards package designed to support your life, both in and outside of work. When you join our team, you have immediate access to numerous benefits and perks that fit your specific needs. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered! We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you. Investing in our employees is our #1 priority. Are you in?
At JMA Wireless, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate, support, and thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. JMA Wireless is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.