E2E QA Engineer
Engineering & Technology – Quality Assurance /
JMA makes 5G possible for organizations with the most critical connectivity demands in the world. From its global tech centers, JMA is ushering in a new era of connectivity for leading mobile carriers, the most iconic stadiums, major universities, leading healthcare facilities, and the busiest transit centers.
5G is more than another G on your phone — it is a generational opportunity to change the way the world operates. Join the industry’s fastest growing technology company to shape that future today.
JMA Wireless is seeking an E2E QA Engineer to join our team in Bangalore, India. This position will include working with the team in the Italy as well as in the lab in Boulder, Colorado. These positions will begin working remotely from the Bangalore, India area and will move to hybrid (remote and onsite) in Bangalore at a future date.
You will learn from colleagues as you create solutions. JMA is a special place, working to solve solutions in 5G communications by bridging the digital divide, providing secure, privatized 5G communication for academic institutions as well as arenas, sporting venues and even the security of our country. We all work together.
- The E2E QA Engineer will provide Engineering experience to the E2E QA Engineering team for 4G and 5G E2E solutions including RAN & core Nodes of 4G/5G system.
- Will be working independently of 5G/4G E2E testing & regression scenarios as well.
- Develop, execute, and maintain comprehensive tests to validate new Hardware/FW & changes coming in release and identify product defects.
- Generate comprehensive test reports for internal and external consumption.
- Participate in agile scrum to inject quality into the entire E2E release product lines.
- Report, track, and manage any discovered defects to resolution.
- 2 to 5 years of experience in system, functional and performance testing for 5G/4G RAN or E2E testing. have a good understanding on 5G-SA/5G-NSA(FR1/FR2)/4G/4G-A technologies. good knowledge on 3GPP specification (36 / 38 series) until Release 16.
- Going through 3GPP standards, architecture, and design documents to come up with thorough and in-depth test plans for testing 5G NR functionalities.
- Ability to build simple/complex test setups as per the requirements of the test cases
- Creating test plans on 5G NR features by following 3GPP and ORAN standards
- Executing test cases and validating the test status based on the expectations for the test case.
- Ability to fully understand system logs, test tool logs and use this understanding for debugging issues and identifying accurate root causes for the problems seen on the system under test or in the network
- Debugging field log/data and identifying potential problems and re-creating the same in the lab
- Hands-on working experience with protocol layers like NAS, RRC, PDCP, RLC, MAC, PHY, should be able to debug issues independently.
- Experience with UE simulators like TM500, Prisma, Amarisoft, Simnovus.
- In-depth testing of 5G/4G and finding defects in house.
- hand on experience in Linux/cloud (Kubernetes) environments.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technologies, Computer Engineering, Telecommunications, or other applicable field and 3 years of work experience
Additional Experience And Knowledge a Plus:
- Experience in Channel Emulators like Keysight PropSim , Azimuth.
- Experience on Kubernetes and containerised environment.
- Experience in automation using python, robot framework.
- Experience on REL 17 will add advantage.
At JMA, we don’t just accept differences — we embrace them. JMA is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.