Associate Accounts Payable Specialist
Liverpool, NY /
Accounting & Finance – Accounting /
As an entrepreneurial U.S.-based company that’s competing on a global scale, JMA is growing at an incredible pace – and we’re just getting started. We’re a leading global innovator of mobile connectivity solutions. We design and build next-generation in-building and outdoor mobile wireless systems, delivering the industry’s most powerful technologies that enable LTE, 5G and CBRS services on mobile operator networks worldwide. Whether our teammates working on the manufacturing floor creating products or working side by side with our customers at an installation, we are never satisfied with the status quo. We never settle, every person in every position has the power to make an impact.
- The Accounts Payable Associate Specialist is responsible for providing effective, efficient and accurate financial transactions. This position will report directly to the Accounts Payable Manager and is responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services. Providing these services in an effective and efficient manner will ensure that JMA finances are accurate and up to date to allow suppliers to be paid within established time limits.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring imaging of invoice supporting documents is timely and accurately performed.
- Enters invoices into system after validating that the invoice, receiving report and purchase order properly match.
- Proposes GL account and cost centers by analyzing invoice or purchase order text.
- Resolves pricing discrepancies between supplier invoice and JMA purchase order by working with the Purchasing department.
- Resolves quantity discrepancies between supplier invoice and JMA receiving report by working with the Receiving department.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities and insures credit is received for outstanding discrepancies.
- Reconciles supplier accounts by verifying monthly statements and internal receiving documents.
- Respond to external vendors and internal managers regarding all aspects of the accounts payable process, including processing invoices for payment and calculating/validating sales tax.
- Assists in the monthly financial statement closing process by preparing assigned reports or providing documentation as directed by the Director of Accounting.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Identifies opportunities for continuous process improvement and work with other teams to implement and monitor new processes and procedures which reflect any changes to the business.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred and/or Associates Degree with combination of relevant work experience in Accounts Payable.
- Preference will be given to candidates who possess a background in manufacturing, telecommunications or similar industry.
- Must be able to work independently as well as thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, team environment.
- Must have the ability to approach situations with a problem solving methodology.
- Strong computer skills are required including familiarity with windows-based programs such as Microsoft productivity tools (e.g., Excel, Word, Access and Outlook).
- Additional preference given for familiarity with manufacturing or ERP systems and data entry and/or collection from such systems (SAP, MediusFlow etc.).
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Information collection and management skills.
- Problem identification and resolutions skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Works in a fast-paced office environment. Periodic weekend or evening work is expected as required by the department’s objectives.
JMA offers a total rewards package designed to support your life, both in and outside of work. When you join our team, you have immediate access to numerous benefits and perks that fit your specific needs. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered! We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you. Investing in our employees is our #1 priority. Are you in?
At JMA Wireless, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate, support, and thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. JMA Wireless is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.