Process Engineer (Mechanical) - Liverpool, NY
Liverpool, NY /
Engineering & Technology – Antenna Engineering /
Wireless technology now impacts nearly every aspect of daily life around the world. As the fastest-growing global tech company, JMA designs and delivers cutting-edge wireless technology solutions that modernize how people learn, work, live and play, like never imagined. We power today’s leading industries through next generation software-based 5G, private wireless networks, 5G-ready antennas and connectors, and advanced indoor 5G capabilities — all manufactured in the U.S. Our headquarters, along with the first-of-its-kind 5G campus are located in Syracuse, NY, with innovative tech hubs around the world. Join our team to shape the future of wireless technology and elevate how people experience the world!
As a Process Engineer (Mechanical), you will lead the development and improvement of manufacturing process, DFM and NPI for Base Station Antenna and other RF products in Liverpool, NY. This is a key position which bridges the new product design to production. We are looking for a proactive, hands-on team player who has strong mechanical and manufacturing background, and NPI experience.
- Develop and improve the manufacturing process for new designs
- Engage with both RF and mechanical design engineers for DFM from early stage of the design
- Lead NPI process
- Support both engineering prototype and NPI builds
- Independently troubleshoot product performance and manufacturing issues during NPI builds
- Analyze NPI manufacturing data and test data
- Conduct product development phase gate reviews
- Design and release tooling and fixtures for both NPI and production lines
- Create and release Work Instructions for mass production
- Conduct process training for production lines
- Improve the manufacturing process for quality and efficiency improvement
- Lead continuous efforts for cost reduction
- Lead the automation efforts for NPI lines
- Support both NPI test and reliability test
- Lead or provide inputs for design guidelines
- Work with process engineers at global sites on the standard NPI and manufacturing process
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or manufacturing engineering. Master’s degree preferred.
- 3+ years mechanical design or manufacturing hands-on experience. RF products preferred.
- 3+ experience in NPI process and electronic assembly
- Experience in PCB fabrication, sheet metal forming, plastic injection, plastic and aluminum extrusion, die casting, CNC machining, cable manufacturing and routing
- Familiar with environmental and reliability testing, RF testing
- Data analysis skills
JMA offers a total rewards package designed to support your life, both in and outside of work. When you join our team, you have immediate access to numerous benefits and perks that fit your specific needs. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered! We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you. Investing in our employees is our #1 priority. Are you in?
At JMA Wireless, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate, support, and thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. JMA Wireless is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.