Embedded Firmware/Software Engineer
Bologna / Milano /
Engineering & Technology – Software /
JMA makes 5G possible for organizations with the most critical connectivity demands in the world. From its global tech centers, JMA is ushering in a new era of connectivity for leading mobile carriers, the most iconic stadiums, major universities, leading healthcare facilities, and the busiest transit centers.
5G is more than another G on your phone — it is a generational opportunity to change the way the world operates. Join the industry’s fastest growing technology company to shape that future today.
JMA is looking for a Embedded Software Engineer to join our R&D Development team in Italy.
As an entrepreneurial U.S.-based company that’s competing on a global scale, JMA is growing at an incredible pace – and we’re just getting started. We’re a leading global innovator of mobile connectivity solutions. We design and build next-generation in-building and outdoor mobile wireless systems, delivering the industry’s most powerful technologies that enable 4G, 5G and CBRS services on mobile operator networks worldwide.
JMA Wireless is now looking for a qualified software developer with proficiency in C/C++ development, deep knowledge of software engineering techniques and patterns, particularly in middle sized projects, preferably, in telecommunications and wireless technologies.
- The person in this role will take part into design, development, implementation, debug and maintenance of embedded applications running on different modules using the most innovative FPGA @ARM based SoC contributing to all phases of the FW/SW development life cycle from early hardware board design up to the validation of the project cooperating by testing team.
Required tech skills:
- Excellent coding skills in C++
- Multi-threaded and multi-process design capabilities
- Ability to implement software applications using modular, test oriented and scalable solution
- Ability in managing resource constrained subsystems
Required soft skills:
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Strong analytical, communication and collaboration skills
Preferred additional experience and knowledge:
- Experience in deploying and debugging embedded systems
- Experience with Linux device driver development and optimizations
- Experience with Linux kernel software, Embedded Linux, U-Boot/kernel development and customization, Linux Device Tree, File system operations
- Experience with communication protocols (e.g. USB, Ethernet, TCP/IP, UDP etc.)
- Experience with performance optimization
- MSc in Computer Science, Telecommunication Engineering or similar
- Excellent written and spoken English
- The candidate is asked to attach a motivation letter indicating reasons and relevant experiences for application
At JMA, we don’t just accept differences — we embrace them. JMA is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.