Director, Commercial Management
Liverpool, NY /
Corporate – Commercial Management /
As an entrepreneurial U.S.-based company that’s competing on a global scale, JMA is growing at an incredible pace – and we’re just getting started. We’re a leading global innovator of mobile connectivity solutions. We design and build next-generation in-building and outdoor mobile wireless systems, delivering the industry’s most powerful technologies that enable LTE, 5G and CBRS services on mobile operator networks worldwide. Whether our teammates are working on the manufacturing floor creating products or working side by side with our customers at an installation, we are never satisfied with the status quo. We never settle, every person in every position has the power to make an impact.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with Sales, Business Development, and Product to understand current go-to-market models and strategies by segment and plan/design needed future models.
- Work with internal technical resources to:
- Define clear stages within the Lead-to-Cash process with specific approval workflows at each stage
- Support Sales during the negotiation process with walk-in/walk-out strategies and hands on assistance
- Establish required data content and structure to enable fact-based decision making and best commercial practices in C4C and SAP
- Create and manage an efficient process to evaluate Leads and Opportunities in order to prioritize resources on high probability and profitability outcomes.
- Develop templates and decision-making tools to facilitate an efficient process
- Develop standardized reporting formats to use during regular management reviews
- Establish Quote approval process and criteria to ensure:
- Positive win rates with sustained or increasing profitability over 1 – 5 years
- T&C review for revenue/profit related impacts
- Proper documentation of approval decisions for later “look back” analysis
- Post win/loss, ensure Quote/Opportunity gets closed with appropriate information. For Wins, establish tracking process and tools to measure performance against expectations. For Losses, ensure proper analysis is done to improve future performance
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s in Engineering, Finance, or other analytical subject; Preference for MBA with emphasis on Business Analytics or Data concentration
- 10 – 15 years experience working in a Multi-National. Preferably Telecom, but otherwise in mid to high technology area.
- 5+ years’ experience in Pricing or Commercial work that is based on value selling.
- Demonstrated capability in presenting ideas and proposals to gain support and approval.
- Cross-functional capability interfacing with Sales and PLM teams
- Design and measurement of new business processes
- Ability to work easily with others both in and outside of immediate organization
- Team first approach
- Flexibility, be able to lead and follow others during change
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Hands on experience with Big Data projects and Business Analytics
- Advanced knowledge in Excel, SQL, R, Python, Power BI, Tableau, KNIME, etc.
- Experience using Pricing or CPQ tools
JMA offers a total rewards package designed to support your life, both in and outside of work. When you join our team, you have immediate access to numerous benefits and perks that fit your specific needs. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered! We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you. Investing in our employees is our #1 priority. Are you in?
At JMA Wireless, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate, support, and thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. JMA Wireless is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.