Manufacturing Assembly Operator I
Liverpool, NY /
Production & Manufacturing – Manufacturing /
*** Role will be hired on a Temp-to-Hire Contract ***
At JMA our innovative mobile connectivity solutions are found in state-of-the-art stadiums, hospitals, transportation hubs and arenas. Our essential employees serve the communities where we work and live by delivering critical communications infrastructure support. Whether supporting health care workers on the front lines or family members staying in touch from afar-- our connectivity work never stops!
Health and safety are a top priority with all our roles and sites. We continue to consult with industry experts and go above and beyond in our facilities to keep our employees healthy with our protection protocols.
What’s in it for you:
- Growth Opportunities: Gain new skills and/or advance your pay by taking on more responsibilities.
- Perks: Enjoy cell phone and technology discounts, free coding, exercise, get better at gaming classes, and more.
- Financial and Legal Support: Receive a 6% match of your 401(k) retirement investments and access financial and legal support to assist with your personal needs.
- Close-Knit Supportive Team: Enjoy peer recognition for your work efforts, celebratory meals/summer food truck fun (COVID style), and lifelong friendships.
Join our team and receive on the spot training as an Assembly Operator 1 in our Connector or Jumper departments. In this role you will:
- Mechanically assemble various products, including connectors, jumper cables, and the packaging of finished goods for shipment.
- Inspect and ensure the assembled product meets quality standards
- Meet production metrics to achieve order goals in a fast-paced environment
- Continuously Meet/Exceed production standards throughout the process
- Learn and Follow Q&EMS Policies, Procedures and Instructions
- Support JMA efforts minimizing our environmental impact by adhering to waste management program procedures and following safety protocols with chemical spills prevention.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Support other areas of manufacturing as needed.
- Depending on role Operators must be able sit (connector positions) or stand and work on their feet throughout their shift (jumper positions).
- High attention to detail and accuracy of work.
- A strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Punctual and reliable attendance following agreed upon work-shift schedule
- Mechanical assembly experience in manufacturing production environment a plus
- Good hand/eye coordination
- The ability to work in a team environment and assist other team members.
JMA offers a total rewards package designed to support your life, both in and outside of work. When you join our team, you have immediate access to numerous benefits and perks that fit your specific needs. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered! We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you. Investing in our employees is our #1 priority. Are you in?
At JMA Wireless, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate, support, and thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. JMA Wireless is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.