Senior Director, Global Supply Chain Management
Production & Manufacturing – Management /
JMA is restoring U.S. leadership in wireless technology at a critical time in the transition to 5G. It makes the world’s most advanced software-based 5G platform, designed, coded, and manufactured in Syracuse, NY at the only U.S.-owned 5G factory in the country.
Across its global tech centers, JMA makes 5G possible for organizations with the most critical connectivity demands in the world. JMA’s technology is ushering in a new era of connectivity for leading mobile carriers, the most iconic stadiums, major universities, leading healthcare centers, the busiest transit centers, and the U.S. Military.
5G is more than another G on your phone — it is a generational opportunity to change the way the world operates. Join the industry’s fastest growing technology company to shape that future today.
The Senior Director of Global Supply Chain Management will be based out of the Liverpool, NY office and plays a pivotal role in strategically steering the company’s global supply chain operations. This entails supervising product procurement, managing contract discussions, strategizing, and overseeing contract production. The director not only enhances operational productivity but also aligns operations with the overarching company goals. This leader mentors a multifaceted team comprising global strategy leaders, sourcing specialists, and procurement experts. A primary duty involves merging disparate regional supply chain activities into a cohesive, globally coordinated entity, ensuring consistent strategies and practices. They also diligently monitor key metrics such as inventory status and delivery timelines to maintain supply chain standards. This position directly reports to the VP of Global Manufacturing Operations.
- Lead the Purchasing (both tactical & strategic) and Planning divisions, guaranteeing steady product supply for global customers.
- Design and implement a comprehensive sourcing approach, focusing on both elite and value-driven regions, with a special consideration for supplier diversification, extending beyond China.
- Coordinate and finalize global contract negotiations to secure company-advantageous terms.
- Advocate for cost-saving measures across the entire supply chain.
- Establish and monitor rigorous inventory control protocols in all global locations.
- Design and track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to assess the effectiveness of the global supply chain.
- Drive the consolidation of varied regional supply chains into a synchronized global system.
- Develop alternate sourcing strategies to reduce dependence on primary suppliers.
- Promote a forward-thinking Sales & Operations Planning process, ensuring an integrated operational strategy.
- Encourage partnerships with interdisciplinary teams, including engineering, production, logistics, and sales & operations planning.
- Enhance the Purchasing and Planning team’s capabilities through mentorship, targeted training, and strategic assignments.
- Identify and address operational challenges by implementing uniform global end-to-end (E2E) supply chain strategies.
- Continually facilitate interdepartmental dialogues, connecting business sectors and IT for optimized operations.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Economics, or a similar discipline.
- At least 12-15 years of relevant industry experience.
- Preferred certifications: CSCP, CPSD, CPSM, CPIM.
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Certification.
- Proven track record in global contract negotiations.
- Skillful in unifying global supply chain structures.
- Strong analytical prowess with a focus on data-informed decisions.
- Exceptional negotiation, relationship-building, and communication abilities.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite and pertinent ERP systems, with a preference for SAP.
- Established expertise in team leadership, mentorship, and capability enhancement.
$160,000 - $180,000 a year
The US national annual base salary for this role is $160,000-$180,000. The range includes the base salary that is expected to be paid for this role. Actual base salary will be based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, the of scope and complexity of the role, the successful candidate's relevant experience, skills, and knowledge, peer and market data and geographic location.
At JMA, our people are deeply committed to their work and we provide benefits to match. When you join JMA you have immediate access to everything you need. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered. We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you.
At JMA, we don’t just accept differences — we embrace them. JMA is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.