Systems Engineer, RAN
Boulder, CO /
Engineering & Technology – Private LTE /
As an entrepreneurial U.S.-based company that’s competing on a global scale, JMA is growing at an incredible pace – and we’re just getting started. We’re a leading global innovator of mobile connectivity solutions. We design and build next-generation in-building and outdoor mobile wireless systems, delivering the industry’s most powerful technologies that enable LTE, 5G and CBRS services on mobile operator networks worldwide. Whether our teammates working on the manufacturing floor creating products or working side by side with our customers at an installation, we are never satisfied with the status quo. We never settle, every person in every position has the power to make an impact.
This Engineer will support the RAN systems engineering team in Boulder, Colorado. This position will be primarily customer facing, working with our customers implementing our products and solutions. This will include building, supporting, and maintaining 4G LTE/5G deployed networks, assist with staging customer trial systems, travel to support on-site system integration efforts and will assist with software and systems QA. Position will include frequent domestic travel, up to 50% is expected.
- Staging, building, integrating and deploying 4G LTE and 5G systems.
- Document site infrastructure following commissioning of systems
- End to end testing of systems as part of the deployment process
- Configure eNodeB and integrate system into customer network
- Perform troubleshooting using log file analysis, wireshark captures, general IP network tools
- Assist with building customer system replications for troubleshooting, QA and test purposes
- Assist with post-sales support as time allows
- 5-7 years relevant working experience with advanced IP networks
- Advanced and tested knowledge of IP networking including routing and switching
- Working knowledge of LTE protocol
- Solid working knowledge of Linux operating system
- Solid understanding of security and IPSec tunnel set up
- Hands on experience building Linux servers
- Strong ability to troubleshoot issues on the fly while remaining calm under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of office suite applications such as Microsoft Visio, Word, Excel, etc.
- Proficiency with 4G LTE and 5G architecture
- Understanding of end to end call flow is a huge plus
- Understanding of EPC and core network architecture
- Knowledge of virtualized environments such as KVM, Openstack, VMWare, Docker
- Advanced knowledge of Linux operating system specifically relating to IP networking
- Familiarity with RF engineering and wireless networks
- Knowledge and understanding of Security best practice, IPSec and VPN technologies
JMA offers a total rewards package designed to support your life, both in and outside of work. When you join our team, you have immediate access to numerous benefits and perks that fit your specific needs. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered! We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you. Investing in our employees is our #1 priority. Are you in?
At JMA Wireless, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate, support, and thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. JMA Wireless is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.