Quality Engineer - Syracuse, NY
Syracuse, NY /
Production & Manufacturing – Quality /
Wireless technology now impacts nearly every aspect of daily life around the world. As the fastest-growing global tech company, JMA designs and delivers cutting-edge wireless technology solutions that modernize how people learn, work, live and play, like never imagined. We power today’s leading industries through next generation software-based 5G, private wireless networks, 5G-ready antennas and connectors, and advanced indoor 5G capabilities — all manufactured in the U.S. Our headquarters, along with the first-of-its-kind 5G campus are located in Syracuse, NY, with innovative tech hubs around the world. Join our team to shape the future of wireless technology and elevate how people experience the world!
As a Quality Engineer, you will establish, implement and maintain the quality management systems for our new 5G manufacturing facility in downtown Syracuse, NY. You will develop quality dashboards to highlight/reduce/eliminate product failures in both design phase into NPI, and into production. You will also be responsible for continual improvement activities to enhance the quality system for antenna, ensuring best practices are developed and driven through the design of new products.
- Own all RMA return case verification testing and root cause analysis; maintain on-time metrics for RMA timelines per returns
- Monitor and Compile Weekly Quality Metrics
- DFMEA analysis completed, and controls implemented to reduce the chance of poor quality
- Interface with Engineering and Operations to ensure products are in accordance with approved data. (Drawings are detailed with critical characterizes and PPAPs are completed for qualification)
- Conduct audits, including closing out audit findings, creating audits finding reports and determine proper corrective and preventive actions
- Conduct capability studies on new products, including Gage R&R
- Communication of quality issues in all areas, and all shifts
- Follow Q&EMS Policies, procedures, and instructions
- Assist in training operators, and inspectors in proper quality procedures and defect recognition
- Develops Quality Inspection Plans for use on the manufacturing floor
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, preferably Industrial or Quality, or related technical field; or equivalent technical experience
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience with electronics preferred
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer preferred
- Experience with Solder and PCB quality; previous RF manufacturing experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience with Quality/Process tools such as FMEA’s, QFD, PPAP, and APQP
- Demonstrated experience with conducting disciplined Root Cause(s) Analysis
- Demonstrated experience with process-based auditing and risk management as it relates to quality
- Demonstrated experience forming and leading problem-solving teams
JMA offers a total rewards package designed to support your life, both in and outside of work. When you join our team, you have immediate access to numerous benefits and perks that fit your specific needs. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered! We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you. Investing in our employees is our #1 priority. Are you in?
At JMA Wireless, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate, support, and thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. JMA Wireless is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.