Senior Project Engineer (SPE1)
Sales, Services, Support – Systems Engineering /
JMA is restoring U.S. leadership in wireless technology at a critical time in the transition to 5G. It makes the world’s most advanced software-based 5G platform, designed, coded, and manufactured in Syracuse, NY at the only U.S.-owned 5G factory in the country.
Across its global tech centers, JMA makes 5G possible for organizations with the most critical connectivity demands in the world. JMA’s technology is ushering in a new era of connectivity for leading mobile carriers, the most iconic stadiums, major universities, leading healthcare centers, the busiest transit centers, and the U.S. Military.
5G is more than another G on your phone — it is a generational opportunity to change the way the world operates. Join the industry’s fastest growing technology company to shape that future today.
Job Title: Senior Project Engineer (SPE1)
Location: Syracuse, New York
Employer: John Mezzalingua Associates LLC d/b/a JMA Wireless
Salary: $123,000 per year
- Conduct in-building and outdoor site walks, noting RF electrical environments and construction challenges to develop RF designs that meet system objectives.
- Review iBwave designs for feasibility.
- Analyze existing private wireless systems to determine improvements, and troubleshoot XRAN deployments.
- Perform RF testing with RF scanners, spectrum analyzers, test transmitters, test UE’s and other equipment.
- Use software (Enhancell, XCAP/XCAL, and Nemo) to test, process, and analyze field test data, identify and troubleshoot issues, and optimize strategies.
- Develop and trial new features and parameters to help improve network performance. Guide and support RF design and implementation teams.
- Develop XRAN deployment documentation.
- Master’s Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering plus three years of experience in the offered position or as an RF Engineer or Network Engineer with a telecommunications company or Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering plus five years of progressive post-Bachelor’s experience in the offered position or as an RF Engineer or Network Engineer with a telecommunications company.
- All required experience must have included designing and integrating 4G and 5G radio networks based on RF theory and 3GPP standards, and LTE including VoLTE and RAN networks and frequency bands; understanding RF propagation, interface, intermodulation, frequency coordination, and cellular system design including link budgets; experience with 4G and 5G NR call flows with integration of protocols S1-MME, S1-U, and X2; knowledge of carrier aggression, DSS, single user and multiuser MIMO, higher order modulation on 4G and 5G technologies to improve network performance, capacity, and reliability; performing network planning, using coverage prediction tool iBwave, and conducting after-installation measurement using RF scanners; and using QXDM/QCAT, XCAL/XCAP, PCTEL seahawk, and TEMS/Actix.
- Position requires approximately 25% domestic travel for site visits
At JMA, our people are deeply committed to their work and we provide benefits to match. When you join JMA you have immediate access to everything you need. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered. We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you.
At JMA, we don’t just accept differences — we embrace them. JMA is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.